DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any other way?

BlackFrog

Reactions
Has anyone found a way to fly Mavic Mini without the app, without buying a new phone? I tried Rainbow and it seems ok. At least I can use the drone. Any ideas? If I hadn't bought this drone used I would be really bugged.

Has anyone found a way to fly Mavic Mini without the app, without buying a new phone? I tried Rainbow and it seems ok. At least I can use the drone. Any ideas? If I hadn't bought this drone used I would be really bugged.
Is there a reason as to why you don't want to/can't use the app? I've personally never heard of "Rainbow" and have never had the need to fly without the DJI Fly App. I've heard of people using "Litchi" but not sure if it's compatible with the Mavic Mini and also I believe it must be purchased.

Has anyone found a way to fly Mavic Mini without the app ... I tried Rainbow and it seems ok.
No problems to fly without a phone ... you will be limited in height & distance though & no flight log will be recorded either.

The limits flying without a phone (with an app running) is similar as not being logged into your DJI account in the app.

From the full user manual ... which you can download here --> https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.2_enI.pdf

Manual.jpg

Is there a reason as to why you don't want to/can't use the app? I've personally never heard of "Rainbow" and have never had the need to fly without the DJI Fly App. I've heard of people using "Litchi" but not sure if it's compatible with the Mavic Mini and also I believe it must be purchased.
I purchased the mini used and my phone is not compatible with dji fly app. So instead of paying 4 to 800 dollars for a device that is I was searching for an alternative. The rainbow app works good as I can tell. But they want $14.99 per year to use it. So i was wondering if anyone has tried it in the forums.

Hi BlackFrog. Have you thought about buying a used phone or tablet that is compatible with the fly app? That could cut your costs down. Check out the DJI website for a list of compatible devices.
Hope this helps.

I use drone link.it Works on the cheap phone I bought for a screen for my Evo.
DJI won't download to that phone . Normally I use my regular phone with the mini but can fly with drone link if wanting to.

Get an older version - say before 1.3.0 of FlyApp and all should be well with phone and Mini.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datkin