DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any suggestions for hard case to hold Mavic RC and CrystalSky 5.5

I have seen nothing currently in production.
However, GPC does offer custom designs at reasonable cost.
This is a custom case they made for me to hold my Spark with RC+mavmount+CS.
P1000175.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sgmmck
If you want to configure your own, Sams Club sells a $20 hard case with pluck-n-pull foam. It is a good quality case, waterproof, etc. I use one with my Spark & Osmo+ in it for an all in one case for quick filming. It is easily large enough for a Mavic.

IMG_4887.jpg Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 4.28.43 PM✨.png

Reactions: Vegasdad
Does anyone have a suggestion for a hard case that will hold the Mavic RC and DJI CrystalSky 5.5 with the DJI Mavic CrystalSky RC Adapter?

View attachment 28397

Hey bud, I see you have the DJI Mount like me. If you are talking about leaving the Monitor attached to the RC, then yeah you will need a hard case. Just be aware though they are big, bulky and heavy & go against the whole idea of the MP being small & portable.
When I got my 5.5 CS I was determined to keep the small portable DJI shoulder bag so I came up with this idea. I can still get everything in the bag & the Monitor securely attached to the rear. In my opinion it looks great and almost as if it came that way. The RC fits in the bag alongside the MP with the Mount still attached.
I secured the Monitor pouch onto the bag with 2 strips of strong Velcro tape. Then as you can see in the photos I use straps on the bag to further hold it on strongly. There is no need to ever remove the pouch as the Monitor slides in & out perfectly. I face the Monitor (with battery still attached) screen in-towards the bag for full protection. I love it as it’s still so portable. Not sure if what you had in mind though. Cheers.

00054b12233a13bb9e84a6d9a4e2f3b4.jpg a438b87776cbe3a9f191db4522ac4685.jpg 927b7f7d0641067f623fa448a26fcf8b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for the soft bag approach

I just use a Polarpro hardshell for the mavic then chuck everything into the Pacsafe Metrosafe 250 shoulder bag. This allows me to store the CS 5.5 or Ultra 7.85 attached to the controller as it slides in vertically, also plenty of room for the Titan Cyclone Antenna and heaps of batteries and accessories.

Deployment is quick just pull out the drone , pull out the RC with the attached CS, click on the antenna to the RC and off you go

Oh and you don't look like a total dork with a hard case just advertising there is something expensive inside Thumbswayup

Metrosafe LS250 anti-theft shoulder bag

Polarpro DJI Hardshell case for the Mavic

DJI Mavic Hard Shell Case

mavic case - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
If you want to configure your own, Sams Club sells a $20 hard case with pluck-n-pull foam. It is a good quality case, waterproof, etc. I use one with my Spark & Osmo+ in it for an all in one case for quick filming.

View attachment 28403 View attachment 28404

I also have one of these cases.

Mine is set up to hold:

- bird
- remote
- 3 spare batts
- power supply
- charging hub
- tablet mount and holder
- car charger
- spare props
- S2 9.7" tablet

It's a tight fit but I removed the lids foam lining and now I store my tablet there. It's encased in silicone and then wrapped in a vinyl sleeve during transport.

can't beat it for $20.

55bfbaa24e13df630fae98676b094440.jpg

Reactions: sgmmck
Hey Lannes, never seen that MP hard shell case before but tempted to get one to put in my bag. Like the soft bag you have too. I do agree that the hard cases are not very covert.

Hey Lannes, never seen that MP hard shell case before but tempted to get one to put in my bag. Like the soft bag you have too. I do agree that the hard cases are not very covert.

It is too big for the DJI Mavic Pro Shoulder bag, you won't fit the controller in as well, it's already a tight fit without the hard case.

It is too big for the DJI Mavic Pro Shoulder bag, you won't fit the controller in as well, it's already a tight fit without the hard case.

Ah no prob. I was wondering if that might be a problem. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll stick with what I have. Cheers.

I found a semi hard case that might work,Lowepro QuadGuard TX.Looks like a possibility if u reconfigure things a little in there.....
upload_2018-1-11_6-47-1.jpeg

I ended up ordering a Pelican iM2200NF case and customizing to my liking.Yes,a little on the bulky side getting away from one of the Mavics big advantages,but overall a good comprimise.
upload_2018-1-27_19-47-29.jpeg
upload_2018-1-27_19-48-3.jpeg

A bit long winded but. What I like to use. DIY Case P Case 1520 eBay used $59. Unit holds. 2- Mavics, 1- Mod controller, 1- Stock controller, 7-batteries, 12- ND filters,2- cloth, 1 small brush for the lens.1- Sunshade for camera gimbal.1- gimbal lock, 6 cables from 4 inches to 6 ft. 2-Small tools, 2- whip antennas, 2- 9.7 mini 4 tablets, 8- props, 2- full hooded sun shades for both tablets. 1- Anemometer, 1- GPS, 4- add-on strobe lights, 3- different mounts. 1- MavMount that I mod, 1- Hands-free clamp for antenna case mount, Last what case would be complete without a landing pad. And It was built it in modular section in mind. So that each section is in its own space and lips like a shoe box or, it can be changed out for your whatever is needed. Don't want to carry 2 birds? Simply take out that section of foam with the bird and put in say the fly more bag which you have in the case. so that is what you end up using. I have tried Soooooo many bags and soft case with bad zippers with little or no space for all YOUR gears.It all comes back to this case in the end for me. If I want to do a short run nearby it's the fly more bag, which you have in the case or a backpack in place of the other Mavic's section., If I am going for long day local nearby, it's my Lowepro backpack where I can take my goggles along. But neither of those offers much real protection for me. If I am staying overnight. it's the full monty every time. But no matter what, This hard case is the heart of my system that I have found very useful. (Everything) I need can be found there.The only time I do not use the case is when I'm on my bike. No one knows your needs more than you. Pluck your own foam to fit to customize to your gears never looked all that great or work for me, but that is me.Before I figure out this solution I now use, I had more bags then my Wife.I got one she got two.It just had to stop.Beside mine only came in black! My 8 or 9 old bags /soft case still sitting in the closet, never carry all that I wish it could.Just one thing to bring now, This works for me. I hope you find this useful in some ways. It's just more fund Making it your own! What is that saying? Imagine the possibility? Happy Flying

Attachments

• 20180115_141742.jpg
    20180115_141742.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 49
  • 20180115_142506.jpg
    20180115_142506.jpg
    367.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 20180123_085956_resized.jpg
    20180123_085956_resized.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 46
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals