DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any thoughts on doing a NW UK meet ?

Would have turned out for that but I'm away in Cyprus.
emoji106.png

It was a good flight however there was allot of interference from the signal towers which where close by.. we ended up going to Beacon country park and we all flew to Wallthrew park, heres some pictures (attached)
I also tried the fixed wing mode...bit weird but it is fun!

Attachments

• IMG_0471.JPG
    IMG_0471.JPG
    928.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0475.JPG
    IMG_0475.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 56
Reactions: Ted903 and DanCarpy
It was a good flight however there was allot of interference from the signal towers which where close by.. we ended up going to Beacon country park and we all flew to Wallthrew park, heres some pictures (attached)
I also tried the fixed wing mode...bit weird but it is fun!

Let me know when you're out next. I get back on 27/7. Do you have the DJI goggles? I have got the Epson BT300 if you fancy a go with them.

It was a good flight however there was allot of interference from the signal towers which where close by.. we ended up going to Beacon country park

I was wondering about interference issues up there..

Who's "we" by the way?

Let me know when you're out next. I get back on 27/7. Do you have the DJI goggles? I have got the Epson BT300 if you fancy a go with them.

Will do, No i don't have any goggles, i just fly through my Iphone 7 plus...
I've havn't seen those before.. remind me of the google glasses they trialed a few years back... how are they with the Mavic??

I was wondering about interference issues up there..

Who's "we" by the way?

Yeah.. the other Mavic didn't experience any issues but i did annoyingly!

I fly often with two other friends, both have Phantom 2's and one of them has just upgraded to a Mavic :)

So I'm thinking of flying around the Duke Of Lancaster Ship which is located in holywell.. thinking next week.. anybody fancy joining? havn't decided on day yet though.

@Ted903
@everybody
So its looking like either Wednesday or Thursday next week we're going to the Duke weather depending I'll update closer the date..

there is also Flint castle down the road that we could also fly :)

postcode of a local business is CH8 9DX... just a matter of finding parking.. prob not a problem for you @Nigpd on your bike..

Last time I went by, it was painted black and looked pretty dismal. All the graffiti and rusting that made it an interesting subject had gone.
Has anything changed?

I'm sure it wasn't black a few weeks ago but I may be wrong.. only got a glance of it as I drove past..

does anybody on here live local to check?

Just googled it and found an article back in April... looks like the Graffiti has gone but I think it could still be an interesting subject to fly... and I'm sure there is graffiti on it again by now

Last edited:
Reactions: Ted903
@Ted903
@everybody
So its looking like either Wednesday or Thursday next week we're going to the Duke weather depending I'll update closer the date..

there is also Flint castle down the road that we could also fly :)

postcode of a local business is CH8 9DX... just a matter of finding parking.. prob not a problem for you @Nigpd on your bike..

I'm sure it wasn't black a few weeks ago but I may be wrong.. only got a glance of it as I drove past..

does anybody on here live local to check?

Just googled it and found an article back in April... looks like the Graffiti has gone but I think it could still be an interesting subject to fly... and I'm sure there is graffiti on it again by now

Still on for this meeting? Any further details on times & exact meeting place?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan