DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to get photo files numbers to go beyond 999?

Lots of duplicate numbers in photo catalogue after some use.
NO
DJI used 4 digit numbering for the P2 series but dropped back to 3 digits for everything after that.
The solution:
Don't put everything in the same folder.
Have one folder and when you copy images across to your computer, change the folder name to include the date and subject/location etc and copy that folder across into your Drone Images folder.
That way you'll have separate subfolders for each time you copy images and you should be able to find what you are looking for.

Reactions: Smalls and BigAl07
FWIW, I use the the date of the flight as a subfolder name, i.e., "190410" and copy the .MP4 and .DNG files to it from the memory card after the flight(s). When I think I have too many folders, I archive them with WINRAR. By using this "date method," the subfolders sort appropriately time-wise.

Reactions: BigAl07
I rename my files to a more logical name as soon as I have them off the card. Later in life DJI001 doesn't mean anything to me when I need a pic/video from April 10th, 2019.

As soon as I see a 'duplicate file name' message when downloading files, I create a new folder and start putting them there. That way I don't have to worry about renaming files. I call the folders 1000, 2000, 3000 etc..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic