DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody notice if Mavic fan runs faster/louder on .500

HFMan

Reactions
I've had my Mavic since 3/1, upgraded and stayed on .400 since first flight. Today, my buddy brought his new one out that arrived Thursday direct from DJI. He upgraded to .500 last night, and we checked it all out and flew it today. It performed flawlessly.

First thing we noticed- the fan on his Mavic is running quite a deal faster and louder than mine (very noticeable- it's LOUD). It doesn't feel any warmer (or cooler for that matter) than mine after we land. I'm wondering if either .500 runs the fan faster for better cooling, or perhaps very recent builds of the Mavic are set up with a higher speed fan.

2nd thing we fought with. His Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 simply would NOT work well at all. We tried everything- reboot it, put it in airplane mode, shut down everything we could. The latency was laughable, and there were times the display would freeze and often show half a screen of just purple. Nothing we tried would make it perform at all. This Tab is on Marshmallow, doesn't have any fancy services installed, and generally is a real good performer as far as Android goes. Not sure what is going on with it- we're at wits end.

Thats a pretty high spec tablet it should be able to run it without difficulties

I'm not so sure how to say it in english but this is where we go to the bottom line of DJI drones: best to use them with iOS devices.
When I fly with my S7 Edge it's a real lottery.

Reactions: kykayak
Have you swapped devices to see how it works on your mavic ?

With Android, disable any battery optimization features-- critical apps like drone controls cannot afford to be overruled and put to sleep just to save a little battery power. I'm convinced this is how a lot of newer phones/tablets are getting disconnected a lot. (Disable auto-update features for these apps too, while you're at it. Be in control of your software.)

With Android, disable any battery optimization features-- critical apps like drone controls cannot afford to be overruled and put to sleep just to save a little battery power. I'm convinced this is how a lot of newer phones/tablets are getting disconnected a lot. (Disable auto-update features for these apps too, while you're at it. Be in control of your software.)
Agreed. In fact, with my old S4, everything off, especially WiFi, all apps exited, and airplane mode on. I also do not video cache. When I do this I get glitch free flights. It is a matter of giving Go4 top priority and freeing the device to concentrate only on it.

We did try his Mavic with my iPad and it worked fine. Since we had disabled everything on his Samsung tablet, my next suggestion will be to try a different cable. It's possible the cable has some problems. For the record, I also fly mine with my Samsung Galaxy S5, and it works fine as long as I enable Airplane mode and shut down all background apps. I still have video cache enabled and it's still fine. I had one crash when setting up for Active track, but other than that the S5 seems to behave.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan