DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone familiar with reading CSV data?

Texas Mavic

Reactions
I’m trying to figure out how to read flight, motor performance data, and battery data. However I don’t know what app to download to check the data in the CSV file. Any insight and information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks-
Jake

CsvView (by the great @BudWalker) will allow you to build bar graphs from the flight log data.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I'm running it on Windows 10. What exactly doesn't seem to be working for you?

If you aren't able to figure it out, then post a screenshot of the error message here.

I am in the middle of obsessing over these protek 4100’s being too heavy for sideboard mount. They weigh 446 grams together. Wondering if I would be overweight and should run one bottom mount.
About to throw the towel in on that and fire up the laptop.

I think the controller gives you a warning if you overload the power system. So you could determine max weight by taping various weights to your MP, hovering it for a couple of minutes, then raising the weight until you either cant get off the ground or you get the power warning. That's found the max weight without having to open a csv file.

You can open comma separated value sets in Excel but you would need to create your own graphs for it. If you can get a simpler solution to work.

I think the controller gives you a warning if you overload the power system. So you could determine max weight by taping various weights to your MP, hovering it for a couple of minutes, then raising the weight until you either cant get off the ground or you get the power warning. That's found the max weight without having to open a csv file.
If I’m 7 miles from the take off point, and I’m let’s say 40 grams over what my motors can handle, I may not know until it lands in a bayou because of motor errors I could have prevented had I seen data from shorter flights with equal weight. Not carry a gallon of milk 5 feet for 30 minutes and see if it burns motors up the main ESC for that matter.

If you aren't able to figure it out, then post a screenshot of the error message here.
Opens a version of excell that insists I purchase it. Then displays data. Lots and lots of data. Beyond my knowledge and ability to interpret.

Attachments

• 6A3624B4-E6E9-4A40-8A73-AF192921021C.jpeg
    6A3624B4-E6E9-4A40-8A73-AF192921021C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 5C427245-73C1-4ED0-83B9-1BD0611AE2E1.jpeg
    5C427245-73C1-4ED0-83B9-1BD0611AE2E1.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
That’s what that is, I downloaded this and that’s what I get, and when I open dat files it opens in a awful version of excel.
The screen dump in post #12 shows you using DatCon. Try CsvView

When I click on “view it” for anything that available it opens excel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 5
When I click on “view it” for anything that available it opens excel
You're running the wrong app. You're not running CsvView. Do you see in the upper left corner where it says DatCon?

Fantastic. Works. Only issue now is I just don’t know what I am looking at with the graphs. And maybe some of the data I’m selecting isn’t appropriate. I would like to know motor information. I selected it but all I see is graph that is hard to interpret. I guess I will pick back up tomorrow my brain is shot from a long work week. Thank you for getting me to the graphs, I was beyond frustrated. Had to download explorer because the explorer “edge” version on my laptop wasn’t jiving with java. How I navigated through that is a Christmas miracle.

Fantastic. Works. Only issue now is I just don’t know what I am looking at with the graphs. And maybe some of the data I’m selecting isn’t appropriate. I would like to know motor information. I selected it but all I see is graph that is hard to interpret. I guess I will pick back up tomorrow my brain is shot from a long work week. Thank you for getting me to the graphs, I was beyond frustrated. Had to download explorer because the explorer “edge” version on my laptop wasn’t jiving with java. How I navigated through that is a Christmas miracle.
I'm new to csvview too. I'm very impressed by it. It opens the door to a lot of performance data that we would otherwise not be able to see. I'm just a regular flyer, taking pictures and trying to not lose the drone. However, as you are trying to do extreme long range missions I think it would be worth investing a lot of time into cssview to review the missions youve done in the past and figure out how to push the envelope out to where you want to get to. Else its just trial and error/(lost drone).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos