DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Find a m4-0.7 screw with a DRing Head for mounting lanyard on the Smart Controller

Reactions: RogerMav
This is the lanyard w/ screw in posts I purchased for my SC. The posts fit nicely and have a neoprene type washer to be able to adjust their orientation once they make contact. It rolls up nicely and stores in my hard case. I leave the lanyard clipped to the posts for storage so they don't get lost.

This is the one I purchased...
This company Called Fantom Drone Works

This is the lanyard w/ screw in posts I purchased for my SC. The posts fit nicely and have a neoprene type washer to be able to adjust their orientation once they make contact. It rolls up nicely and stores in my hard case. I leave the lanyard clipped to the posts for storage so they don't get lost.

I purchased these and they are Great...

I bought the TinyRigs DJI Smart Controller Screen Guard with Neck Strap from China which is still en route, though I found out afterwards they are also offered on Amazon as well, cheaper and only two day shipping. Oh well...

Anyways, I really just got it for the screws; and maybe if the hood works out, that too. I will be getting a Peak Design Camera Strap to replace the cheesy strap.

Although I came across potential sources of folding lanyard screws that appeared to have the proper threads, I would have to buy in bulk and wouldn't know if they would work until I got them from the slow boat from China. I prefer the folding lanyard screws versus the fixed eyelet screws myself.

Try this from Roboterwerk... comes with the screws. Stays level when you let go.
View attachment 121455
I have got one of the Roberterwerk brackets, which I like because of how it holds the Smart control level, even if hands free. However, the connecting clips on the lanyard do get in the way when controling a flight to some degree. I have made a modification by using a length of chord to at least move the clips away from the display by about 10cm.

Another thought that I've had is that a newer version of the mounting bracket could go round the side of the controller with the connecting loops located at the edge and therefore more out of the way of operators fingers.

I have seen several solutions on amazon for attaching lanyards to the smart controller, but all of them use a giant fixed ring or post to attach the lanyard to. For most storage solutions these would have to be removed because of their size.

Ideally the solution would be a screw with a d-ring head like we often see as a photo accessories - however most of these are with different threading.

In one of the intros we see one crafted from screws and small picture frame triangle mounts - but the ideal solution is a black d-ring headed screw which fits the threads.

Does anyone know of one which works and can share the listing?

here ya go

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada