DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flying in Las Vegas??

Guys! A fellow Mavic flyer has lost his drone near the Lake Mead area and is in need of other drone pilots to help organize a fly over and scouting mission.

The thread that details it is here

My Mavic flew off today in the NV wilderness

He is thinking about organizing after the first of the year to do a thorough search. With the help of other members here the area that it was lost in has been localized.

I know its a busy time but in the spirit of giving and holiday cheer I am sure this guy @utahlasvegas surely could use an assist.
I would drive down myself and assist as I love these sorts of missions , but I am nearly 8 hours away.

IMG_0268_zpsezxy4fqd.jpg

Any other non NYE party types interested in linking up tomorrow night to video the fireworks? I'm on the west side. Was going to look for a launch spot around desert breeze park (Buffalo/Spring Mountain). Should give a good vantage point of the strip.

Last edited:
Ordered my Mavic on Nov. 4. Received it December 23. The Mavic replaces a Phantom 1 which I have been flying since the beginning. I will be in Vegas Jan 5-8, attending CES. I'd love to spend half a day flying my Mavic. Would appreciate suggestions on where to fly legally and safely. Calico basin sounds good. Any other ideas?

IMG_0268_zpsezxy4fqd.jpg

Any other non NYE party types interested in linking up tomorrow night to video the fireworks? I'm on the west side. Was going to look for a launch spot around desert breeze park (Buffalo/Spring Mountain). Should give a good vantage point of the strip.
Did you get any shots?? Looking forward to checking them out.

Did you get any shots?? Looking forward to checking them out.
I ended up not making it out last night. The evening got away from me. Besides, I had forgotten about all the above ground powerlines there were around Desert breeze Park and along spring mountain. I didn't feel like flying in that area and I didn't have time to scout out a new launch location. Next year, I'll definitely plan better

Reactions: FPVJunkie
I don't know. Weather doesn't seem to be cooperating. Windy and cloudy. Sucks.

I don't know. Weather doesn't seem to be cooperating. Windy and cloudy. Sucks.
Yeah, I was disappointed this morning when I woke up and saw how windy it was. It's not too bad right now but not the best flying conditions. The Mavic will handle wind but it really struggles. Let's try another time.

Yeah, I was disappointed this morning when I woke up and saw how windy it was. It's not too bad right now but not the best flying conditions. The Mavic will handle wind but it really struggles. Let's try another time.
I'll be back in town the weekend after next.

I'm in town this weekend. Anyone flying in the southwest part of Vegas?

What's up guys. Vegas local here. Just joined the forum and got my mavic a few weeks ago. Anyone flying this weekend? I'm in Summerlin in Desert Shores.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Looks like Saturday is the day. Sunday is supposed to rain.

Any ideas where to meet? I've been flying up at the outdoor sports park on Vegas and Buffalo. Nice big area and a golf course across the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hello folks.. I will be in Vegas early next month with a few days to go shoot landscapes and fly... Besides the Red Rock Conservation Area, are there any good, picturesque places to consider within a reasonable driving distance that permits drone flights?

Looks like Saturday is the day. Sunday is supposed to rain.

Any ideas where to meet? I've been flying up at the outdoor sports park on Vegas and Buffalo. Nice big area and a golf course across the way.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What's up guys. Anyone want to meet up today?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun