DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone here with a Air 3 thinking of a Mini 4 Pro instead?

projectarjun

Reactions
Anyone here with a Air 3 thinking of a Mini 4 Pro instead? Curious to know...

I hate to say it but unless they make some changes starting with an internal fan and a new gimbal the answer is No Way because the minuite that mini 4 goes live , the Air 3S is right arround the Corner for xmas.

That Air 3 is wicked and I put a lot of love into the Wet Suit so there is that. lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

@projectarjun ,as a replacement ,not really ,they are in different weight categories,and as the owner of the Mini 3 pro and Air 3,they compliment each other ,depending on where i intend to fly,
if i didnt already have a Mini 3 pro ,then for sure the Mini 4 pro, would be the perfect mini drone to have in any collection

I have the Air 3 and will also likely buy the Mini 4 Pro. The reasons being is that they appear to have given it some antennas in the legs and also will take the same batteries as the Mini 3 Pro.

I suspect that O4 will work well with my custom amplifier / antenna setup as well. I’ll be doing some range test with the Air 3 now that the controller has been modified in order to connect to the custom amplifier/ antenna.

Reactions: Torque
No way. Air 3 is awesome. apart from size and weight they are almost identical.
But some of the extra features on the MP4 that are not on the air 3 is a bit of a shock.
That draw a line with your finger for active track looks cool.

• Wow
Reactions: projectarjun
Only if size and weight matters to you. If it doesn’t I can’t imagine why you’d switch.

I thought
No way. Air 3 is awesome. apart from size and weight they are almost identical.
But some of the extra features on the MP4 that are not on the air 3 is a bit of a shock.
That draw a line with your finger for active track looks cool.
I thought the ability for drawing a line for wavepoints was possible on the Air 3

I thought

I thought the ability for drawing a line for wavepoints was possible on the Air 3
With way points you touch the screen to set waypoints and the app joins them to create your flight path.
Air 3 does not have active track 360 which is what I meant. I am sure it would be easy to add though.
The meat and bones of the air 3 and mini 4 pro seem very similar.

With way points you touch the screen to set waypoints and the app joins them to create your flight path.
Air 3 does not have active track 360 which is what I meant. I am sure it would be easy to add though.
The meat and bones of the air 3 and mini 4 pro seem very similar.
I believe they added the active track and ar RTH in a firmware update yesterday

I have the Air 3 and took delivery of the Mini 4 this Wed. I'm sending the 4 back for a refund because it's a total dog in the wind. I even get "battery overcurrent" warnings in light wind in sport and NORMAL mode. DJI has no idea what I'm talking about, the just said send it back and we'll replace. No problems with the Air 3 right out of the box. Has anyone ever seen this warning??

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    7.9 MB · Views: 15
I have the Air 3 and took delivery of the Mini 4 this Wed. I'm sending the 4 back for a refund because it's a total dog in the wind. I even get "battery overcurrent" warnings in light wind in sport and NORMAL mode. DJI has no idea what I'm talking about, the just said send it back and we'll replace. No problems with the Air 3 right out of the box. Has anyone ever seen this warning??
MIni's are known for the heat issue because there is NO FAN I believe. I've never seen the warning flying, only sitting. It's pretty good in the wind but yes the air 3 would be better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_