DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Make a Case Yet for Mavic Air?

After you have it like you want, I recommend spraying the foam with plasticoat (or whatever the rubber spray is called). The foam is still pliable but it will all be one piece and won't tear. Spray it _outside_. I used several coats.

I think I might buy one of these if I think I can put the Air and the Pro both in it. These will be my go to drones and being able to have them together in one case might be worth $25.

I'll definitely look into that. They also have a slightly larger one for $39.99 ($32 after the 20% coupon). I bought a Pelican last year for my Pro, wish I had seen these first could have been a substantial savings..

IMHO, all of the cases or the recommended links here make it bigger then the one DJI shipped the air in... with that being said, my opinion is that it is the best case period. Especially when you pull it out of your jacket in front of your friends! BOOM!

IMHO, all of the cases or the recommended links here make it bigger then the one DJI shipped the air in... with that being said, my opinion is that it is the best case period. Especially when you pull it out of your jacket in front of your friends! BOOM!

Unfortunately the included case won't provide the necessary protection for the Air I'll need. My main reason for buying it is for using it quite a bit to film trips we take on our boat this season. The included case will do nothing to protect it from pounding it will take in the bays or Atlantic while under way. Not to mention that its far from waterproof, the water and salt spray/air could wreak havoc on it. So while I plan to use it as it was intended, the portability, the whole whip it out of my jacket pocket doesn't really apply. And it will hold all the batteries, controller, cables and my Ipad Mini. I don't have that many pockets in my shorts.

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicMo
I hear ya. For my drones I usually have a couple cases. A hard case that fits in the top box of my motorcycle. I need a case that completely supports the drone and does a very good job of isolating it from alot of hard bumps. I ride an ADV bike off-road and some of the roads (if you can call it a "road") I ride are washboard for miles, rock gardens, or just plain rutted and bumpy, like riding a jack-hammer. So I need a case that can protect my drone from stuff like that...

The other is usually a backpack type case that holds all the gear that I can easily carry on my person, where protection is important but not critical...

I'll pick up the GPC case, but I am looking for a better alternative than the Fly More bag... So I'm still looking :)

Unfortunately the included case won't provide the necessary protection for the Air I'll need. My main reason for buying it is for using it quite a bit to film trips we take on our boat this season. The included case will do nothing to protect it from pounding it will take in the bays or Atlantic while under way. Not to mention that its far from waterproof, the water and salt spray/air could wreak havoc on it. So while I plan to use it as it was intended, the portability, the whole whip it out of my jacket pocket doesn't really apply. And it will hold all the batteries, controller, cables and my Ipad Mini. I don't have that many pockets in my shorts.

No one can ever solve everyone’s situation.

They DJI just gave you a solution that does a great job of protection for many situations.

If you need more, to each his own and can explore heavy duty protection. Simply can’t expect that from any company unless you are knowingly buying a more bulletproof solution.

The OP did not state that, so I’ll just leave it at that.

Reactions: MavicMo
Just bought one of these from Harbor Freight today, medium size. With the pick and pluck foam insert I set it up to hold the air, remote, cables, 6 batteries (if their ever available) and my Ipad Mini. Lists for $29.99, but with the 20% off digital coupon on their website it was $24.00.

View attachment 30621
2800 Watertight Protective Case - 13-3/4 In.

** Pistol not included

Have a pic of your setup? On the fence between this and the polarpro rugged.

I'm just using a Lowepro DroneGuard CS 300 that I got for cheap off Amazon - fits everything with space to spare.

H5Ceeij.jpg

Last edited:
Doubi has really nice cases for mavic pro and spark. And they are cheap. So I’m waiting for theirs to release one for Air.

Really thinking about getting the rugged Polar Pro one. Have it in my cart on Amazon, ready to buy it. Just wondering how big the thing really is. Unlike most bags on Amazon, it doesn't show a picture of the scale size vs a person carrying it. I usually make a decision partially based on that. Like for a backpack, they usually show what it looks like on a person's back. I really want to keep the experience of the Mavic Air very small. Just wondering if the Polar Pro Rugged is small enough to throw in a backpack.

Right now I have the Mavic Air in the little case it came with, and have a controller case for my controller, that is similar to the one I had bought for my Mavic Pro. And just throw both in a backpack.

Really thinking about getting the rugged Polar Pro one. Have it in my cart on Amazon, ready to buy it. Just wondering how big the thing really is. Unlike most bags on Amazon, it doesn't show a picture of the scale size vs a person carrying it. I usually make a decision partially based on that. Like for a backpack, they usually show what it looks like on a person's back. I really want to keep the experience of the Mavic Air very small. Just wondering if the Polar Pro Rugged is small enough to throw in a backpack.

Right now I have the Mavic Air in the little case it came with, and have a controller case for my controller, that is similar to the one I had bought for my Mavic Pro. And just throw both in a backpack.

My Polar rugged arrives tomorrow and I’ll give you a scale picture.

Reactions: scott rand
upload_2018-2-7_13-57-15.png

Probably could have set it up a little better. Now if anyone ever gets any stock of the Air batteries I'll be good to go. Actually perfect depth for the batteries so i can just lay my ipad mini on top of them when i close it. Also you can choose the depth for the pick and pluck foam, so I only plucked the foam to half the depth so there isn't a gap between the Air and the foam in the lid. No complaints here, $24 well spent.

Has anyone seen a nice case yet for the Mavic Air? Or know of a manufacturer developing one at the moment?

I have this one for my Spark and would like something similar for the Air:

https://www.amazon.com/Travel-Black-launch-Intelligent-Portable/dp/B072R1F8MQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517790731&sr=8-3&keywords=hermitshell+case+dji+spark

How long was the Spark out before the cases starting flooding the market?
I found a Mavic pack that also holds the Goggles, has two separate caes for the drone and controller. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0749MLBHB/http://amzn.to/2sjebaO

Reactions: scott rand
I actually like using the Fly More Mavic Pro bag, which allows me to use the Mavic Air clamshell as well. I actually use the MA Fly More bag as a support bag for the MP, MA, and the Spark. I've got all the charging hubs and power bricks and misc cables in there. It's worked out well and there's less pinch on the brick cables then trying to squeeze them in the foam inserts from all the other bags I've purchased. This will be the first bird I don't buy a separate case for.

Last edited:
I would use the fly more bag if it wasn't for that weird expanding pouch in the back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet