DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Make a Case Yet for Mavic Air?

mblaide

Reactions
Reactions: pedroj
Has anyone seen a nice case yet for the Mavic Air?
PolarPro has a few cases available. You can find those cases and some others that'll work here.

Ah.... and it mysteriously worked after refreshing the page a few times. Hmm...

I tried to pre-order it a few times now. The checkout process still seems to be broken on their website :(

DJI Mavic Air Case | GPC, Inc.

Thats some really bad photochopping lol. They overlayed the images on to the case photo. Nice.

I have the pelican im2600 for the phantom 3 and I'm tired of bulky cases. I know this GPC case would be alot smaller but honestly I would be looking for something along the lines of the hard zip up case.

Problem with most cases for the Air will be that they are much larger than they need to be so they really defeat the purpose of the Air. Take the GPC case for example. A _lot_ of room could be saved by not dividing each and every part. For example, the spare props could be a cut out under another opening and many other parts could be grouped together.

Reactions: BrumLee and Ramboat
Yup.

I was done flying the Air today and my neighbor stopped me in the street and we were talking about siding on the house. I'm fixing to do mine and he wants his done. Anyway I just folded the Air up and slipped it into my pocket literally. I was flying it with my phone to try out it's wifi performance and was actually quite impressed.

I don't think I could fit a mavic pro in the same pocket. I was wearing cargo shorts and put the Air in my front pocket (not the cargo part).

Sorta the same kind of case the Air came with that holds just the craft itself but holds the controller too with 3 batteries. No need for chargers. Maybe a couple extra props. Keep it as tiny as possible. Like my AD200 case: https://www.amazon.com/Original-Protecting-Protective-Godox-Pocket/dp/B071F2F5JQhttp://amzn.to/2BlXtKN

Reactions: kupua
Problem with most cases for the Air will be that they are much larger than they need to be so they really defeat the purpose of the Air. Take the GPC case for example. A _lot_ of room could be saved by not dividing each and every part. For example, the spare props could be a cut out under another opening and many other parts could be grouped together.

The ones we launched are pretty in line with the compact theory of the Air:
PolarPro DJI Mavic Air Cases (2nd and 3rd row of products)

They are shipping now. Let me know if you have any questions on them :)

-Jeff from PolarPro

The ones we launched are pretty in line with the compact theory of the Air:
PolarPro DJI Mavic Air Cases (2nd and 3rd row of products)

They are shipping now. Let me know if you have any questions on them :)

You are the only company I know of at this time that is putting put a compact case. Only think I'd hold against it (and this is not a big deal) is the off shape. Probably just me but odd shape cases kind of bother me.

Just bought one of these from Harbor Freight today, medium size. With the pick and pluck foam insert I set it up to hold the air, remote, cables, 6 batteries (if their ever available) and my Ipad Mini. Lists for $29.99, but with the 20% off digital coupon on their website it was $24.00.

upload_2018-2-5_18-5-59.png
2800 Watertight Protective Case - 13-3/4 In.

** Pistol not included

Just bought one of these from Harbor Freight today, medium size. With the pick and pluck foam insert I set it up to hold the air, remote, cables, 6 batteries (if their ever available) and my Ipad Mini. Lists for $29.99, but with the 20% off digital coupon on their website it was $24.00.
After you have it like you want, I recommend spraying the foam with plasticoat (or whatever the rubber spray is called). The foam is still pliable but it will all be one piece and won't tear. Spray it _outside_. I used several coats.

I think I might buy one of these if I think I can put the Air and the Pro both in it. These will be my go to drones and being able to have them together in one case might be worth $25.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky