DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Make a Case Yet for Mavic Air?

The customer service from MC Cases is outstanding, Mr. Janssens from MC Cases gives immediately support and they are able to send spare parts if needed.
Top customer service!

Here is the case that I just picked up.

I wanted something semi-rigid but I did not want a hard shell case because I do some backpacking and just didn't want something digging into my side if it was in my backpack.

I really like this because it fits everything in it and it still allows me to keep the Drone and the original case for better protection.

1518287524179.jpg
1518287551345.jpg

The Mavic Air is so compact it defeats the purpose to get such a large, bulky, hard cover case. The one that came with the bundle is small and compact and works just fine. I recall blogger Ed Ricker got a big plastic case for his Mavic Pro when he first got it and 6 months later came back to say he ditched it for the smaller and more compact DJI Combo type case. We take both biking & hiking and the smaller the carrying case the better.

Yes I agree I just did not like the layout of the one that came with it. This one is very small but still provides a bit better protection

As info, here is the Mavic Air in a Pelican 1200 case... Foam. One battery is in the aircraft and there is room for another for a total of 4.Total here weighs in at 4lbs 13oz. You can also attach a shoulder strap of course.

IMG_2571_1000.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Folks!! First post. Using a dji 3 pro with drone deploy commercially here in Canada. Was going to purchase a mavic pro as backup and more portable for other things. Now the Air. Really protable and i like the 100mb rate for sure. Purhaps though the wind is more of an issue with the air etc.
Any thoughts and advice would be fantastic
Thanks

Hi Folks!! First post. Using a dji 3 pro with drone deploy commercially here in Canada. Was going to purchase a mavic pro as backup and more portable for other things. Now the Air. Really protable and i like the 100mb rate for sure. Purhaps though the wind is more of an issue with the air etc.
Any thoughts and advice would be fantastic
Thanks

Hi
Please be aware that this post is for asking if somebody have seen Transportation Case for the Mavic Air.

Please open an new post If you had other questions

Thanks

Reactions: e3m6n3s
I'd like to see a waist/belt back that can carry the MA, Controller - maybe my IPAD mini4 - plus 2 extra batteries.
No charger or anything beyond what you use to fly. - this would be my on the go pack for bringing it out in the field, maybe during excursions while traveling.
If it could hold a water bottle or 2, it would be a bonus.

In hot climates - where I do most of my travel, carrying a backpack get your back sweaty and sticky in short order, which I experienced with while traveling with my P3A in a dedicated backpack, making it uncomfortable and you will start leaving it behind even though you regret it once you are on location.

I have been looking for biker/hiker/climbing packs etc online but it's really hard to estimate the size of these things.
If it have at lest some padding or could fit the clam shell case it would be a bonus.
If any one have one they have test fitted with the MA package, it would be great to hear about.

Reactions: mavicfly
I'd like to see a waist/belt back that can carry the MA, Controller - maybe my IPAD mini4 - plus 2 extra batteries.
No charger or anything beyond what you use to fly. - this would be my on the go pack for bringing it out in the field, maybe during excursions while traveling.
If it could hold a water bottle or 2, it would be a bonus.

In hot climates - where I do most of my travel, carrying a backpack get your back sweaty and sticky in short order, which I experienced with while traveling with my P3A in a dedicated backpack, making it uncomfortable and you will start leaving it behind even though you regret it once you are on location.

I have been looking for biker/hiker/climbing packs etc online but it's really hard to estimate the size of these things.
If it have at lest some padding or could fit the clam shell case it would be a bonus.
If any one have one they have test fitted with the MA package, it would be great to hear about.

Dude, you have to get yourself one of these!

Redirect Notice

Reactions: Mike4884
Got the polarpro rugged yesterday. Left it outside overnight to outgas. The smell is horrific. I did size it up, and it fits everything I would normally take with me to fly, and does fit in a normal sized backpack. I wasn't comfortable with my laptop in there at the same time though. Put a little strain on things.

Reactions: scott rand
Got the polarpro rugged yesterday. Left it outside overnight to outgas. The smell is horrific. I did size it up, and it fits everything I would normally take with me to fly, and does fit in a normal sized backpack. I wasn't comfortable with my laptop in there at the same time though. Put a little strain on things.

How does everything fit inside? My PolarPro Rugged ships tomorrow, but I saw one negative review on Amazon saying that it wasn't cut out well.

How does everything fit inside? My PolarPro Rugged ships tomorrow, but I saw one negative review on Amazon saying that it wasn't cut out well.
Mine is cut out nicely. The batteries are a bit tight at first but better that than loose.
cpQ55YT.jpg

We designed the battery slots to be tight, this was the case we built to take a beating, and did not want the batteries moving around at all in the event of large drops or getting tossed around :) The batteries are not that tight (in my opinion), they are spec'd to release with 10lbs of pressure. Happy to answer any questions! -Jeff from PolarPro

The adhesives used on molded foam cases do smell bad, typically they let them air out for a day and its fine, a few of our customers let us know the cases had that adhesive smell, and we opened them all up here at our warehouse and let them outgas. Thanks for the feedback, we are on it! -Jeff from PolarPro

Mine is cut out nicely. The batteries are a bit tight at first but better that than loose.
cpQ55YT.jpg
Looks great ! Getting mine on the 19th. It’s exactly what I wanted, like you said, fits in a normal backpack, and that’s what I need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike