DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Make a Case Yet for Mavic Air?

I have the 915 coming today and I've also been thinking about getting the 910 for lite travel. Can you fit 3-4 batteries in the 910 plus the power adapter?

I might modify the 915 charger hub spot to fit the 4 battery FSLabs charger.
They'll fit but there aren't specific cut outs for them - you'd have to modify it. I would put some pick-n-pluck in the cut out on the right side, and you could probably fit at least two more batteries and the power adapter. Plus one in the drone would get you up to four.

Attachments

• 20180410_131540.jpg
    20180410_131540.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
I picked up the one from PolarPro. Holds the Air, my spare phone, up to three extra batteries, charger, charging dock, remote and cables. Only compliant is that the elastic straps anchor to Velcro patches that are not well adhered.

I ordered the PolarPro small case too. That elastic band should be over the aircraft body only excluding the props. The way you show seems to put unneccesary tension on the blades.

Searching for the bag I also found this article, he packed the drone, controller and some stuff into a GoPro Casey (much more expensive vs PolarPro bag though)
DJI Mavic Air and GoPro Casey | A Perfect Fit

I dropped the custom laser cut foam idea and used PlastiDip sprayed pluckfoam. I m very satisfied with the result, I will add a compartment in the lid for the tablet and its sunhood

kd90k5.jpg

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I end up with Nanuk 915 and I really like it. I modified the battery charger area to fit the charger and charging hub together or the white FSLabs charger. I’m also getting another foam insert to customize for the moded controller and antenna booster.

Attachments

• D6606DA5-E73A-444B-92E6-CEF9780A69F6.jpeg
    D6606DA5-E73A-444B-92E6-CEF9780A69F6.jpeg
    903.2 KB · Views: 63
I end up with Nanuk 915 and I really like it. I modified the battery charger area to fit the charger and charging hub together or the white FSLabs charger. I’m also getting another foam insert to customize for the moded controller and antenna booster.

Did you just make it deeper? Or did you widen it as well?

(Edit: that’s what she said)

Did you just make it deeper? Or did you widen it as well?

(Edit: that’s what she said)
I just made it deeper by cutting out 2 more layers of foam. It fits perfect and saved me space for the large compartment to fit more things. I might also do a cutout under the controller to fit more accessories. I put the propellers behind the lid foam. Best case I ever had and nice thing about it is you can also get foam inserts to fit different equipment later on.

I’ve been looking at cases for a few weeks. Nanuk doesn’t have a strap. Polar rugged has mixed reviews even with their update. Some guy on here did one for dacckit. Never heard of them but reviews were stellar. Amazing quality and great for travel. Not alibaba quality.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Nanuk strap: Nanuk Case Accessories: Dividers, Waterproof Panels, Neoprene Straps

I'm guessing you could use any number of other straps with them as well.
I overlooked this minor detail when I made my case. I like having my hands free when hiking. My case is great for travel, but not for hiking. I tried hooking a strap to the lock holes, but it was still awkward.

Basically I need multiple kits/cases. One for travel (my Apache 3800 case) and one for hiking (the fly more bag).

I returned the PolarPro Rugged case and ordered one of these:

Smatree DA600 Carrying Case for DJI Mavic Air,Waterproof Drone Hard Case

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079FNMN5R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_BGY1Ab8WPQJ6M

I can’t see paying the increased cost for a Nanuk or GPC because they don’t hold as much stuff.
This is a nice case and cheaper which was my second option. I had to make a decision between this one and the nanuk 915 and I ended up with nanuk due to being deeper so later on I can fit moded controller and possibly the Titan cyclone antenna. With the nanuk there is more room under the Mavic and I modified the charger location deeper to fit both the charger and charging hub in one location. I’m also going to make additional space below the controller so this case can now fit a lot more accessories. See my photo on #105 post.

This is a nice case and cheaper which was my second option. I had to make a decision between this one and the nanuk 915 and I ended up with nanuk due to being deeper so later on I can fit moded controller and possibly the Titan cyclone antenna. With the nanuk there is more room under the Mavic and I modified the charger location deeper to fit both the charger and charging hub in one location. I’m also going to make additional space below the controller so this case can now fit a lot more accessories. See my photo on #105 post.

I’m quite happy with the Smatree case. I was able to put everything from FMC + my Mavmount 3.0.

ZkYL5p+

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000