DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Make a Case Yet for Mavic Air?

Got the polarpro rugged yesterday. Left it outside overnight to outgas. The smell is horrific. I did size it up, and it fits everything I would normally take with me to fly, and does fit in a normal sized backpack. I wasn't comfortable with my laptop in there at the same time though. Put a little strain on things.
Thanks for the info, you and Akimba made my decision very easy. Looking forward to getting mine.

I picked up the one from PolarPro. Holds the Air, my spare phone, up to three extra batteries, charger, charging dock, remote and cables. Only compliant is that the elastic straps anchor to Velcro patches that are not well adhered.

Attachments

• 20180217_160358.jpg
    20180217_160358.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 119
  • 20180217_160444.jpg
    20180217_160444.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 108
Mine is cut out nicely. The batteries are a bit tight at first but better that than loose.
cpQ55YT.jpg

Are those battery terminal covers on there? If so, where did you get them?

I put one of my old pelican cases back into use with new foam for when I’m heading to the beach or know I want extra protection for it. Other then that I repurposed a travel bag from BMW that works great small but everything fits. I put my spare batteries in a small camera bag that I can carry with me if I’ve left the rest behind in the car. Also adding a photo of two very handy items that I found in a old nail case, the cuticle tool works great at pushing the mini sD card to eject and then tweezers to take pull it out. IMG_7235.JPGIMG_7236.JPGIMG_7237.JPGIMG_7238.JPGIMG_7239.JPG

I'm using Pelican 1200. I have room for Mavic Air, controller, four batteries (one in the drone), Polar Pro 3 pack, and I have props and spare SD card on the bottom underneath the drone.

0215182000_zpsslp1mpjw.jpg

Here's Mavic Air in Pelican 1200 vs Spark case I got off Amazon. It's actually a couple inches smaller on each side than the Spark case!

0215182005_zpsnwvtxc2r.jpg

IMG_20180225_141353.jpg IMG_20180225_141331.jpg
Just got the one from Harbor Freight, only $24 after 20% code from text message. Looks good? This case is kind of deep, but that's good for protection.
2800 Watertight Protective Case - 13-3/4 In.
0ASNmZ0
7d8cYhT

I got the same case and I like it. I do not love the soft foam but the case is fine and a good size to fit everything (except the prop guards) that came in the combo. I hope someone comes out with a closed cell foam insert that will fit in this case - I'd get that. In the meantime I sprayed the foam with Plasti-Dip and that has firmed up the exposed foam so it doesn't fall apart.

Also trying to think of a mod to the case (or that I can fit in the case) to make the case the landing pad. I've landed on it a few times but fell off last time. It is a bit small and a bit slippery.

I was also hoping to figure out a way to make it a charging case too - so the batteries would be stored connected to the charging block and I'd run a connector to the box that could be plugged into the wall. So when I am done in field I can just set the box on the floor near an outlet and plug it in to charge everything back up - but there is not quite enough room and I am worried about the heat in there.

For those of you that have tried the PolarPro Rugged case, do you think the foam around the drone could be trimmed to fit the soft case that DJI send the drone in? I assume you’d lose the extra battery spot which isn’t a big deal but I’d like to see if possible.

I went with the harbor freight special and stopped at micheals craft store and picked up a vinyl sticker and a thin piece of foam and 3M sprayed it to the foam to stop it from falling apart. Looks nice but needs some trimming for easier taking a few things in and out.

Kept some extra storage under the Mavic like others have also.

2621f1cedffecf3b530414d8b6d00d44.jpg

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Do the propeller guards fit in the polarpro rugged? I'm trying to figure out if out fits everything from the fly more combo without crushing anything.

Here is the case that I just picked up.

I wanted something semi-rigid but I did not want a hard shell case because I do some backpacking and just didn't want something digging into my side if it was in my backpack.

I really like this because it fits everything in it and it still allows me to keep the Drone and the original case for better protection.

View attachment 31054
View attachment 31055

Looks good, is that the medium or the large kelty?

I bought a MAX430 from Plastica Panaro (Xenotec is selling them in Germany) MAX430 and I intend to order a custom foam insert for it. What I don t understand is why no case manufacturer is making a version for the unfolded Mavic air. If anyways I already decided to store/carry it in a case, a slightly bigger version would be a disadvantage, as I won t have to unfold the arms.
1h55xt.jpg

For carrying the case I ordered a backpack adapter from China Shoulder Strap for DJI Inspire 1/1v2.0/1 Pro/2 Carrying Case Box,Backpack Adapter Shoulder Belt for DJI Inspire Inspire 2/1pro/1-in Drone Bags from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
A question, please: do you thinl I should worry and use lipo bags for the batteries? As they have such an intelligent protection circuit already, a plastic case, won t carrying them inside the foam case be safe enough, after all, LiPos are starting to burn only after physical damage/pierce, overcharge or overdischarge, right?
I uploaded the pdf here, but I don t quarantee it s accurate, as I didn t have the foam insert yet mavicair max430.pdf

Last edited:
View attachment 32183 View attachment 32182
0ASNmZ0
7d8cYhT

I got the same case and I like it. I do not love the soft foam but the case is fine and a good size to fit everything (except the prop guards) that came in the combo. I hope someone comes out with a closed cell foam insert that will fit in this case - I'd get that. In the meantime I sprayed the foam with Plasti-Dip and that has firmed up the exposed foam so it doesn't fall apart.

Also trying to think of a mod to the case (or that I can fit in the case) to make the case the landing pad. I've landed on it a few times but fell off last time. It is a bit small and a bit slippery.

I was also hoping to figure out a way to make it a charging case too - so the batteries would be stored connected to the charging block and I'd run a connector to the box that could be plugged into the wall. So when I am done in field I can just set the box on the floor near an outlet and plug it in to charge everything back up - but there is not quite enough room and I am worried about the heat in there.

As I m not sure how expensive will a custom insert foam be (I m waiting for a price quote for my design) I consider using also pluckfoam, especially as it is one exactly for my case (lid foam included), so can you please tell me how the PlastiDip solution is working with your pluckfoam? My main concern is that the paint is going to fall apart and stick on my Air parts.
I found a yt clip
but your hands on feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
I went with the harbor freight special and stopped at micheals craft store and picked up a vinyl sticker and a thin piece of foam and 3M sprayed it to the foam to stop it from falling apart. Looks nice but needs some trimming for easier taking a few things in and out.

Kept some extra storage under the Mavic like others have also.

2621f1cedffecf3b530414d8b6d00d44.jpg
I did sort of the same thing. Got the Apache 2800 case from Harbor Freight. I used Plasti Dip to harden the foam. Came out pretty good. I like what you did with the vinyl sticker.

I recently picked up the Crystalsky monitor and I'm doing an Apache 3800 case to hold the Mavic Air, Remote, spare batteries and CrystalSky. I don't need the charging cables in the case. The 3800 is also large enough to launch and land back on. Will update once the dip dries. 20180406_090325~02.jpg

I've got both of the Nanuk cases for the Mavic Air - the 910 and the 915. They are both awesome, but the 910 is probably my favorite because it's just so small. It can't carry everything in the fly more combo, but I don't always need to. I tend to favor that one unless I'm traveling out of town and don't want to leave anything behind.

Here's the 910 loaded up:
Ear36A0.jpg

And here's the 915:
GDU7x9e.jpg

I've got more photos and some side-by-side comparisons to show the size differences here: Imgur

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
I've got both of the Nanuk cases for the Mavic Air - the 910 and the 915. They are both awesome, but the 910 is probably my favorite because it's just so small. It can't carry everything in the fly more combo, but I don't always need to. I tend to favor that one unless I'm traveling out of town and don't want to leave anything behind.

Here's the 910 loaded up:
Ear36A0.jpg

And here's the 915:
GDU7x9e.jpg

I've got more photos and some side-by-side comparisons to show the size differences here: Imgur
I have the 915 coming today and I've also been thinking about getting the 910 for lite travel. Can you fit 3-4 batteries in the 910 plus the power adapter?

I might modify the 915 charger hub spot to fit the 4 battery FSLabs charger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22