DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone not having Mavic Pro issues?

Slade here. Received a Holy Stone drone for Christmas and discovered I love flying a drone. My dream drone is the DJI Mavic Pro, but I’m wary of dropping $850-$1000 only to have “issues.” Are there Mavic Pro owners who haven’t had problems? Thank you.

Had the MP for over a year now and not had one problem, had every update that DJI sent out and all good, bought the Crystalsky and that's great too, i would recommend this to anyone.

I own a Spark, which I love and use for special purposes; following me, etc. I also own a Mavic Pro Platinum which I’ve had about a month, and while the learning curve is steeper it’s an awesome drone. Spend the $$ if you have it, especially if you already have some drone experience. Be sure to register it with the FAA.

Slade here. Received a Holy Stone drone for Christmas and discovered I love flying a drone. My dream drone is the DJI Mavic Pro, but I’m wary of dropping $850-$1000 only to have “issues.” Are there Mavic Pro owners who haven’t had problems? Thank you.

I HIGHLY recommend... I have 2 Mavic platinums... the 1st one flew perfectly til i crashed it and broke the gimbal off. Bought a 2nd one and that one did have a problem that DJI fixed under warranty. Now that one works perfectly and a buddy and I fixed the 1st one.... so now I have 2 and glad about it.

Slade the only issue I have with my White Maverick Pro here on Long Island,N.Y is the weather other than that my Maverick has been flying flawlessly but so has my Spark so it's how you treat them and take care of them,I guess!Good Luck and start with the cheapest until you learn the basic of flying drones but get out there!!

Mavic 2 users

My Mavic 2 has an issue with its radar display. The red arrow in the radar is supposed to indicate the direction that the Mavic 2 is pointing (or am I wrong?), however the arrow in my radar display seems to point 180 degrees opposite to where the drone is actually pointing, although this appears to be inconsistent as occasionally the arrow will start to drift and may wander all over the place. has anyone else had a similar problem and how did you fix the issue?

Bought my Mavic Pro almost a year ago, no issues with it at all. And, as some already expressed generaly
its operator error. You can do research on Mavic Help, then Mavic Tips to help you gain knowledge and
confidence when ever you fly. This will help you not to have operator caused issues. And, not to scare you but, what you don't know can be very painful in the pocket book. Most drone pilots will tell you practice in a open field. No houses, no trees, no wires, no people, no cars, no wind. One step at a time. Blue skies and safe flying.

Reactions: mereflyer
I've had my MP for about 7 months now. No problems at all. A friend got me involved in flying drones. Our jobs took us all around the US and he showed me how great the MP was for travelling. My friend has been flying for a couple years and the only problems he has had is operator error. Flying into a river and crashing into a building. He replaced his first drone, fixed his second and now has bought an M2P. I love my MP just wish I could fly it more. If your looking for a reliable drone that's great for travelling and has a lot of good options, get the MP, M2P or M2Z. You won't regret it.

I have logged over 246 flights in 18 months. In that time, I have had mostly trouble free flights and tons of enjoyment. Over 1500 photos and videos. Recently had to get the gimbal repaired, but in hindsight, it might have been from the lens filter I was using. In any case, it hasn't affected the enjoyment and complete satisfaction for the Mavic Pro.

had my mavic pro platinum for a while now no issues whatsoever i purchased mine from a reputable DJI approved vendor in my own country not from internet vendors i think that there are DJI products out there that are not what they purport to be because they seem to be a bargain the biggest problems with mavics are not the drones themselves but more to do with lack of knowledge by the people who purchase them and then fly them without learning properly how to fly them.unfortunately most of the posts on the forums are about problems with mavs but for every one of them there are many many people who have no issues at all .with any cutting edge tech there is always the possibility of a faulty product but this is true for any thing we buy dont be put off by all you read
i love my mp platinum a **** fine aircraft

The Mavic Pro is my first drone and as mentioned earlier, I got it from B&H when they had a special on them a little while ago. The battery that came with it, as well as another I bought have charged perfectly, and I've had nothing but good experiences with the whole package. I'm using an iPhone X with the controller and other than a little difficulty seeing the iPhone X screen on a bright day, no complaints. It's a blast to fly and this forum has been helpful getting the most out of it as I've searched for answers to the few questions I've had.
a sun hood is great on bright sunny days

Hi having my Mavic Pro for two months now flying in heavy winds and no. Problems what so ever did buy it with a non focusing lens replaced it and having fun

I've had my Mavic Pro for just over a year and its fantastic! Like at least another person mentioned, I simply have not posted to the forum. I read through posts and try to learn from others but my only frustration has been the times I wanted to fly and it decided it was going to spend 10-15 minutes doing updates. So I've learned to simply run the drone every once in a while just to check for updates! I have to contact a local tower near every time I fly because I live within 5 miles of it but that is not a bother at all, just a minor inconvenience. Best of luck!

I bought mine used on Craig's list. Got a great deal and I'm very happy with my purchase. Only problem I ever had was after I first got it and flew it into a bush which damaged the gimbel. $250. I had failed to put the antennas up......operator error. That won't ever happen again. :(

Have had my Mavic Pro for going on 2 years now with no major mishaps. Fly it several times a week and over water, even from my boat. Minor crashes that were my fault but because I am very cautious did not hurt anything but a prop. I also owned a P3 Pro but after getting my Mavic Pro, never flew much so blessed my son with it. Highly recommend the Mavic Pro.

I have had my MP for over a year with probably 75 flights and no problems although I did have a gimbel defect that was repaired under my Mavic Care. I spent a lot of time practicing everything in wide open spaces before I did my first challenging flight. I ALWAYS keep my MP within my line of sight, I lower it if I get high wind messages and I don't do stupid things like fly under bridges, into tunnels, etc. It is a $1100 gift to myself and I treat it like it is my most valuable $1100 gift.

Reactions: old man mavic

No issues at all with my MP1 that weren't caused by pilot error. I flew a Litchi mission with it last weekend that went fine through 8 waypoints over a 2+ mile mapping flight before spectacularly hitting a tree flying sideways 65' up at 22 mph. My error for not accounting for the AGL height just before coming up on a steep rise.

Recovered it at the base of the tree and other than some cracks in the Master Airscrew props, no damage. A new set of props and re calibration of the IMU and sensors, the bird flies as well as the first day I got it.

I've changed shells, cameras, gimbals, front sensor, motor arms, etc. on several of my other MP's and Phantoms, so a crash or even potential loss doesn't bother me near as much anymore. These are amazing little machines!

mas damage top.jpg mas damage under.jpg

Last edited:
I’m just concerned if Mavics inherently have problems. Thanks for your input.

I think it the nature of forums in general. You see alot people posting about there issues. Most people dont go out of there way to post how happy they are with a product.

I got a Mavic Pro refurb in September from Microcenter and have flown it about 12 times without issue.

I also received the Holy Stone for my last birthday and still have it. I purchased a Platinum pro a week later from Costco with the headset. Very different experience, so much easier to fly and fun. Just study your controls and settings and you won’t have any issue. Never really had an issue that wasn’t due to my ignorance, one time it took a few try’s to get it recalibrated which was my fault for not being careful of the magnetic surroundings. Only crash was flying inside a factory. Be careful of magnetic interference when taking off. Get the insurance and get it. I often fly a mile or two away and don’t worry anymore. Most issues are user error, doing things you really shouldn’t do like don’t fly with a mountain between you and the drone.

Last edited:

About 200 flights so far and no mishaps on the Mavic Pro. I stick to the rules, I’m fairly familiar with the workings of the machine and I’ve read the “how to avoid fly-aways” advice many times. I’m just using it as a flying camera and not a flying machine - it goes up, I compose the shot, it comes down all under control and in line of sight. I’m sure there are many people like you and me that don’t want to lose their hard earned investment. Good luck !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis