DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone still on their original battery?

Approaching one year with My Mavic Air, same two batteries no change in performance, and no swelling.

No swelling
Sept 2018

Tons of info on swelling batteries. I want to do a poll on who is still on their original battery.

How long have you had it? (Weeks/Months)

Any visible swelling?

How long does it last now?

Had my MP 1 for 2 years all 3 working perfectly after hundreds of flights.

Yes, but going to retire them soon.

Mavic Pro Platinum. Bought as soon as they were introduced ifor sale in the USA . I bought the Fly More kit.
Battery #1 still healthy. Shows NORMAL in the go4 app. Same goes for the other OEM batteries.

Mavic 2 Zoom. Bought it with 1 battery and purchased 2 at the same time. Battery #1 swelled at bottom . Locks in place but 0 click sound when mounted in drone. Shows normal in go 4 app. Battery #2 same as battery #1 but swell is not as pronounced. Very slight click sound.. #3 swelled at bottom but barely noticable. Makes a click sound just slightly louder than #2... bought batteries 4&5 5 months later. Loud mounting clicks very solid lock up. Both normal.

Mavic Air. With fly more kit. Bought 3 months after introduction. All batteries normal in app. No swelling in either of 3.

Spark. Bought with 1 battery and that's been used the most out of 5. Just retired 2 days ago.

Yes, all 4 bought last August for M2P, no issues except for the expected reduction in flight time.

Got my Mavic Pro with Fly More package around December 6th, 2016. All three batteries have actually about 135 cycles each and are still working good, no critical cell drifting, no swelling.
The only observation is a higher battery temperature after flight compared to their new state, caused by a higher inner resistance due to their aging.

I would guess batteries with high cycling are going to be less likely to swell than low cycles over a long period of time. High cycles means less time really low or really high SoC. Much like our phones.

Tons of info on swelling batteries. I want to do a poll on who is still on their original battery.

Any visible swelling?

This is the Mavic 2 thread (not the Mavic Pro or Mavic Pro Platinum thread!)
Please limit responses in this thread to M2 batteries only.

Whether the M2 battery is "original" or not is really totally irrelevant.
So is "How long have you had it."
"How long does it last now? " is also irrelevant to any swelling.

Swelling does not affect M2 battery performance.
Swelling only affects the ability to properly secure the battery in flight to prevent disconnection.

The only two relevant facts are:

1. The M2 battery Production Date displayed in GO 4
2. Swelling or not.

That is the only way to get accurate data.
Climate and number of charge cycles are possibly also relevant, if you also have swelling.

The suspected swelling M2 Production Dates are 2018.07 and 2018.08, as displayed in GO 4 under the battery details. Production Dates after that are not known to swell, so anyone with noticeable swelling on an M2 battery Production Date after 2018.08 is of great interest.

3 batteries produced 2018.07 (1) and 2018.8 (2), no swelling at all.

All used since Sep 2018 with very low number of cycles (5,5,7) so there goes the theory of long storage more likely to induce swelling.

M2Z + flymore. Purchase date 3-1-19.
3 batteries, 834 flights, 248 hours.
278 full charges per battery.
Flight time (with lowest setting RTH low battery on every flight) was 24 minutes new. Current flight time is 18-19 minutes. Discharge rate on RTH much faster than when new. Currently lands at exactly 15%.
All 3 batteries started swelling at about flight 700 (233 charges per battery).

I bought my M2Z and Fly More kit in June of this year. The date on my Drone Box is 1/2019 and the Fly More Kit is 10/2018. My number of charges are 64, 66, 66. No swelling so far. I live in the Philippines and temps are in the upper 80's when I fly with a very strong sun. I let everything cool down to room temp before putting back in my hard case. I don't charge until the night before. I get 19-20 minutes with 25%-30% charge remaining.

#1 1/15/19
#2 11/14/18
#3 11/13/18
#4 11/14/18

None are swelling

My Mavic Pro is over 2 years old; not problems at all to date except a scratched prop (my fault). Batteries, gimbal, etc., all work just as they did when I bought it. Good job, DJI, just wish you'd fix the software (spherical panorama exposure setting is still broken).

Any visible swelling?

I have all 3 original batteries for 3 years. I have traveled by plane, putting the drone and batteries in the overhead compartments to numerous destinations with out any problems.
the battery life and recharge IG all seem normal and consistent. When I keep the drone and batteries in my car trunk for extended periods or in very hot weather the batteries do drain faster. Otherwise I’ve been very lucky.

Any visible swelling?

I've had my Mavic Pro for 2-1/2 years....the two batteries are still in very good condition.

I've had my Mavic 2 Pro and 6 batteries for 13 months now, done about 200 flights, and all batteries are perfectly fine. A good friend and colleague bought his at the same time with 5 batteries, and they are also in perfect condition. I fly them down to around 20-25% each time, then recharge the same day. If they have discharged (after the 10 day auto period) because I haven't used them, I charge them back to 100% before flying.

My 5 batteries were purchased when I bought my Mavic Pro back in January of 2016. All are in perfect shape with no noticeable swelling. ;) Thumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman