DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone tried these 5in1 chargers ?

Reactions: Wysiwyg
The DJI battery chargers are so called dumb chargers that simply supply constant current at 13.05 volts. The batteries contain the charge regulation/controls. Therefore any decent transformer that provides adequate current at the right voltage will suffice. Im searching for the right connectors to make my own simultaneous charger. I have numerous high end lipo chargers that can supply the right current and voltage. Anyone know a source for connectors?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Amazon has a hobby signal charger for the mavic now. Charges three batteries simultaneously

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That's the same charger as the one listed on ebay

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
DJI's charging hub killed 5 inspire batteries (I thought the first 3 were firmware related issues, when i got the replacements back I charged 2 on the hub it killed them instantly) for me. Since then instead of hub options I just buy extra chargers instead. Its faster and there's no risk... That being said i wish you could actually buy an extra mavic charger right now.

I know the DJI version is not out yet but does the DJI one require a different charging hub and power supply or does the DJI one not charge everything at the same time ?
The DJI hub charges one battery at a time along with charging the controller and your phone or tablet through one of the two USB ports.

ok.... I'm waiting to see a review on this charger. No one has it yet??

Found some on Amazon.. Gonna give it a try, should be delivered by the weekend.

Just pulled mine out the mailbox. Didn't put a full charge in the batteries since I just came back from flying. But charger seems to work. Seeing as I've used a LOT of chargers and power supplies thru my years of racing RC Cars I am a little nitpicky..

When charging all three batteries at the same time it seems like the internal supply is at its very limit. Disconnect one of the three and you can notice a relief in the power draw (onboard status LEDs get brighter on the Charger).. Also one of the connectors didn't mate exactly rite during first installation. They all seem to be ok now that I've engaged then a couple times.

Regardless of those minor details and considering the price point it's a decent piece to charger multiple (all three even) at one time. I'm happy with the unit. Will do some more flying tomorrow and will put full charge in all three at once.

Last edited:
The advanced charging hub that DJI has yet to release will not be able to charge 4 batteries simultaneously. It works just like the current charging hub but can be mated up with the 100W power supply used on the P4. Here are the charging times for both hubs for reference:

Charge Time* (Four Batteries)

Mavic Charging Hub: M1CH-S
5 hr 10 min (Mavic Charger)
4 hr (Mavic Car Charger)
Mavic Charging Hub (Advanced): M1CH-P

4 hr 10 min (Mavic Charger)
3 hr 15 min (Mavic Car Charger)
2 hr 30 min (Phantom 4 Charger / Car Charger)

Full charge on all three packs at once.. no issue. In a very reasonable amount of time.

I wouldn't worry about stress on the DJI Battery since the actual charger is built into the battery.. And from what I hear DJI offers a similar setup (but only single batt at a time) that also charges slightly faster than the unit included in the box with a similar approach.

I will be monitoring my total voltage per Pac over time after each charge.

Still liking this charger for convenience. Money well spent.

Reactions: hckimball
Full charge on all three packs at once.. no issue. In a very reasonable amount of time.

I wouldn't worry about stress on the DJI Battery since the actual charger is built into the battery.. And from what I hear DJI offers a similar setup (but only single batt at a time) that also charges slightly faster than the unit included in the box with a similar approach.

I will be monitoring my total voltage per Pac over time after each charge.

Still liking this charger for convenience. Money well spent.
I've read that extra caution is necessary with these types of batteries. Is the mavic battery different since the charger is built in the battery. Would using this void warranty? Is there anyway for DJI to know I was using a third party charger if I had to send back. Why did DJI make a charger that doesn't charge them simultaneously, and that hub doesn't ship for weeks. Seems like they missed the boat on this one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman