DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using a mulit battery charger?

Ok- perhaps you didn't read the whole thread- I already made that point in post#2.
Not sure what you mean. I didn't make that comment -- just answered your question since you were (acting?) confused.

Not sure what you mean. I didn't make that comment -- just answered your question since you were (acting?) confused.
LOL- you didn’t help. I had already suggested it would prove exceptionally difficult to find a charger not made in China.

Yea my keyboard was broke, so caps lock was stuck, it happens. But I knew it would still be from china I just didnt want a POS Chinese unit. If you follow I got the smatree unit thats also a standalone power pack. so we shall see. also Im going to do a video on how to install alientech onto a new smart controller in itialian, Im joking In english hopefully this weekend.

Yea my keyboard was broke, so caps lock was stuck, it happens. But I knew it would still be from china I just didnt want a POS Chinese unit. If you follow I got the smatree unit thats also a standalone power pack. so we shall see. also Im going to do a video on how to install alientech onto a new smart controller in itialian, Im joking In english hopefully this weekend.

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
I bought the Tercel unit....it charges, storage mode and discharge cycles 4 batteries in parallel. It comes with an AC power brick for home use, and a DC cord for the car or mobile supplies. The unit has a DC 12v 12A center positive input.

I have not used it yet though.....there is a less expensive PowerExtra unit, but it doesn’t come with a power brick and requires the stock DJI Charger to power it. If anyone is interested I can update later when I do use it.

View attachment 81326
Hi. I am looking forward to read about your experience with this charger. I came across it on Amazon UK, however I couldn't find any reviews. I like the form factor of this charger, and the versatility of feeding it from mains or 12V car/motorcycle socket.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I bought the Tercel unit....it charges, storage mode and discharge cycles 4 batteries in parallel. It comes with an AC power brick for home use, and a DC cord for the car or mobile supplies. The unit has a DC 12v 12A center positive input.

I have not used it yet though.....there is a less expensive PowerExtra unit, but it doesn’t come with a power brick and requires the stock DJI Charger to power it. If anyone is interested I can update later when I do use it.

View attachment 81326
Where did you purchase it? I’m interested to find one asap.

I am using the multi battery charger that came with my Mavic Air combo kit and ur works awesome.
The only complaint I have is that the batteries don't charge fast enough.
That’s why I bought the Yx multi charger, it charges MUCH FASTER than the stock charger.

Hi. I am looking forward to read about your experience with this charger. I came across it on Amazon UK, however I couldn't find any reviews. I like the form factor of this charger, and the versatility of feeding it from mains or 12V car/motorcycle socket.

I got it on Amazon.

It’s currently “Unavailable”. I put it on one of my lists when I first saw it, but it went “Unavailable” for a while. I kept my eye on it, and when it was available again, I grabbed one.

Used it yesterday for the first time. I bought 3 new batteries and put all 3 on at once. From waking up hibernation to full charge took 1:45. Later I put 2 on to charge after a couple backyard test flights. From 20% to full charge took just about an hour. It’s nice to see on the display, as it cycles through each channel (a few seconds each) the voltage of the battery and the amps running as it’s charging....the amps gradually reducing as the battery nears full charge.

I bought it because it runs on either household AC or 12v. The AC brick is on the bench and the charger/DC cord are kept in the drone’s case, so at home I just plug it in on the bench and out in the field I can plug it into the Jeep or one of my portable power supplies. (Haven’t tried that yet)

The only cons so far:

1. The AC brick gets really hot charging 3 batteries at once. Not too hot to handle, but close. It and the charger have built in fans that kicked on for a bit early in the cycle until the amps dropped on all channels near the end. Then it was considerably cooler. This may not be a “con” and just normal. The charger for sure has a fan, the brick may or may not...it has a screened vent that looks like a fan port....might just be for airflow. Charger has a 12v/12A center pos input so getting a replacement AC supply won’t be an issue.

2. Curiously there’s no USB port to charge the controller. Not a real issue because I have plenty of solutions on the bench and mobile, but it would’ve been nice to have a USB port on the charger.

I tried to find it on Amazon and it’s unavailable and it says it might not be available again.
I’ll just use the Yx charger I already have because it does have 2 USB ports for charging the remote and other devices.

I tried to find it on Amazon and it’s unavailable and it says it might not be available again.
I’ll just use the Yx charger I already have because it does have 2 USB ports for charging the remote and other devices.
The Tercel charging hub is the same as this charging hub sold on Amazon.com. Powerextra sells this charging hub at half the price.

1568232957776.png

Reactions: RichieFromBoston
I got it on Amazon.

It’s currently “Unavailable”. I put it on one of my lists when I first saw it, but it went “Unavailable” for a while. I kept my eye on it, and when it was available again, I grabbed one.

Used it yesterday for the first time. I bought 3 new batteries and put all 3 on at once. From waking up hibernation to full charge took 1:45. Later I put 2 on to charge after a couple backyard test flights. From 20% to full charge took just about an hour. It’s nice to see on the display, as it cycles through each channel (a few seconds each) the voltage of the battery and the amps running as it’s charging....the amps gradually reducing as the battery nears full charge.

I bought it because it runs on either household AC or 12v. The AC brick is on the bench and the charger/DC cord are kept in the drone’s case, so at home I just plug it in on the bench and out in the field I can plug it into the Jeep or one of my portable power supplies. (Haven’t tried that yet)

The only cons so far:

1. The AC brick gets really hot charging 3 batteries at once. Not too hot to handle, but close. It and the charger have built in fans that kicked on for a bit early in the cycle until the amps dropped on all channels near the end. Then it was considerably cooler. This may not be a “con” and just normal. The charger for sure has a fan, the brick may or may not...it has a screened vent that looks like a fan port....might just be for airflow. Charger has a 12v/12A center pos input so getting a replacement AC supply won’t be an issue.

2. Curiously there’s no USB port to charge the controller. Not a real issue because I have plenty of solutions on the bench and mobile, but it would’ve been nice to have a USB port on the charger.
Thanks Fred. It's a shame they has missed on putting an usb port. I will stick to my Yx charger for now.

Reactions: Inspirephil
The Tercel charging hub is the same as this charging hub sold on Amazon.com. Powerextra sells this charging hub at half the price.

No, that one uses the original DJI power supply and only charges the batteries one at a time. (The Powerextra one)That's why I didn't buy it. I want a multi charger that charges all at the same time.

Reactions: msinger
Thanks Fred. It's a shame they has missed on putting an usb port. I will stick to my Yx charger for now.

Just looked, it's available again. The one @msinger linked to above is also available and it's the same thing. They're all mass produced in China and just rebranded. Just about all the chargers on the market are....and many, many other things as well.

Just ordered the Tercel charger from Amazon. The website states they will be in stock by 9/16/2019 and got free second day shipping, so I should have it by 9/18. Looking forward to trying it mobile.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S