DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone using iPhone 11 with DJI Go?

wco81

Reactions
Force Touch is gone.

Does that mean DJI Go app. won't respond to long presses to control the gimbal with the Force Touch?

I don’t think that said gimbal control was related to the discontinued touch feature from Apple. I believe the GO4 app just reacts to a sustained touch on the screen. i.e a simple press and hold, rather than an increasingly harder press.

Hmm, maybe it isn't using Force Touch but on my iPhone 8 Plus, when I press down and hold it, I get a bit of feedback to indicate that it's engaged and then I can drag on the phone screen to move the gimbal.

It's much smoother for me this way then using the controls on the controller.

My wife is in the shower so I quickly powered up my M2P with Smart Controller. I have the ability to control the gimbal with the sustained press on the screen, and I’m certain DJI didn’t implement an Apple-style force touch into their Smart Controller. I did receive the vibrate feedback that you also mentioned, so that must be standard. I too have an iPhone 8+ so I can’t check on anything other than my SC, at least not to differentiate for what you’re asking.

Well whatever they’re calling it now on the new iPhones, I hope the DJI Go app. works the same way for gimbal control.

side note: love my iPhone 8 Plus. They’ll remove it from my cold dead hands.

Yes... Iphone pro max 11 256gig. Works good! Actually works great! Have not tested newest update, but before that no issues. And the screen is super bright! What’s your question!?

Reactions: jonthecourier
Yes... Iphone pro max 11 256gig. Works good! Actually works great! Have not tested newest update, but before that no issues. And the screen is super bright! What’s your question!?

Can you pan the gimbal by dragging your finger on the screen of the DJI Go app?

Reactions: jonthecourier
Yes.. Just set a button to center it.

I think Shivers means that once you pan/tilt the gimbal with the screen, use a programmed button to bring it back to center rather than fussing with the screen to get it right on zero.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan