DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Apes flying drones

Mavic Mac

Reactions
Apes Spotted Flying Drone and Smiling

One ape controls the drone while the other sits beside him holding the unmanned vehicle's case. Both smile for the camera.

Loukia Papadopoulos
By Loukia Papadopoulos
June 27, 2020

Nickbphotos/TikTok
In a new short video that has surfaced on TikTok, apes have been spotted flying drones. The drone is an Autel Robotics Evo and the apes are located in a Myrtle Beach Safari in South Carolina.
RELATED: CHINESE SCIENTISTS JUST HACKED SUPER-MONKEYS USING HUMAN BRAIN GENES
The video was taken by photographer Nick B. and shows two apes flying a drone. One is standing up using the drone's controller while the other sits beside him holding the drone's case.
The video is particularly impressive as the ape seems very much in control of the drone. It repeatedly looks down at its remote controller and up at the drone indicating it knows it is the one controlling the unmanned flying vehicle.
What is particularly cute and noteworthy is that both the apes seem to be having a good time as they smile for the camera. Could they also be aware that they are being videotaped?

For now, no further news has been released about the flying-drone-apes and no studies have been done to test whether the animals really know they are the ones flying the drone.

Still, the video is gaining popularity and has now been released on Instagram, about a week after first being spotted on TikTok. What do you think of these amazing apes?

Link to article and video HERE - Wonder if they are Part 107 :D

If this is real is amazing how stable the ape fly the drone.

As stupid as my brother in law is, if he can walk, and chew gum at the same time, it should be very easy for an ape to fly a drone in comparison.

One ape controls the drone while the other sits beside him holding the unmanned vehicle's case. Both smile for the camera.

Loukia Papadopoulos
By Loukia Papadopoulos
June 27, 2020

Nickbphotos/TikTok
In a new short video that has surfaced on TikTok, apes have been spotted flying drones. The drone is an Autel Robotics Evo and the apes are located in a Myrtle Beach Safari in South Carolina.
RELATED: CHINESE SCIENTISTS JUST HACKED SUPER-MONKEYS USING HUMAN BRAIN GENES
The video was taken by photographer Nick B. and shows two apes flying a drone. One is standing up using the drone's controller while the other sits beside him holding the drone's case.
The video is particularly impressive as the ape seems very much in control of the drone. It repeatedly looks down at its remote controller and up at the drone indicating it knows it is the one controlling the unmanned flying vehicle.
What is particularly cute and noteworthy is that both the apes seem to be having a good time as they smile for the camera. Could they also be aware that they are being videotaped?

For now, no further news has been released about the flying-drone-apes and no studies have been done to test whether the animals really know they are the ones flying the drone.

Still, the video is gaining popularity and has now been released on Instagram, about a week after first being spotted on TikTok. What do you think of these amazing apes?

Link to article and video HERE - Wonder if they are Part 107 :D
If you do watch the videos associated with these pic's, it does show that the Chimp with the controller does occasionally move the control sticks, but the drone doesn't do what the stick movement should make it do ... Spoiler alert - I've got no iron-clad proof of this - but my theory is that there is another person & controller out of frame!

autel have got a part in the next Planet of the Apes film ,and the lead chimp was being trained to fly the darn thing
if you believe that ,then you will believe anything ,still it looks good as an advert for their products

If you do watch the videos associated with these pic's, it does show that the Chimp with the controller does occasionally move the control sticks, but the drone doesn't do what the stick movement should make it do ... Spoiler alert - I've got no iron-clad proof of this - but my theory is that there is another person & controller out of frame!
Make me wonder if the controller that the ape has was just a second one and the main one is behind the camera. This is the greatest trick ever!

autel have got a part in the next Planet of the Apes film ,and the lead chimp was being trained to fly the darn thing
if you believe that ,then you will believe anything ,still it looks good as an advert for their products
Personally - I'd like to think that my main buying reason isn't - "It's so easy to fly, a Chimp can do it!" :p

Personally - I'd like to think that my main buying reason isn't - "It's so easy to fly, a Chimp can do it!" :p
well from some of the comments that we get on this forum ,it seems that drones are that easy to fly if you believe everything you hear

well from some of the comments that we get on this forum ,it seems that drones are that easy to fly if you believe everything you hear
That's the problem isn't it ... The apes don't read the drone code!

• Haha
Reactions: old man mavic
YouTube 8 months ago:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure