DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

App sign in request.

GlenT

Reactions
Hi guy's.
Well today I thought since I haven't flown the Mavic in about two weeks I would fire her up just to make sure everything was in order as I plan on flying in the next few days.
I went outside, turned Tx on, turned iPad on and made sure I was in Airplane mode, then opened the Go4 app. It immediately asked me to sign in, which I didn't want to do as I'm running .400 firmware and want to keep it that way.
Now, obviously I cannot sign in without a network connection, but I don't want the app to see there are updates and constantly remind me.
Is it okay to let the iPad get a network connection then sign in without having to update the firmware?
At the moment I cannot fire up the app at all. It sits on the sign in page with no alternative option.

Cheers, Glen

Firmware updates are always optional. The DJI GO app will not force you to install the firmware after logging in.

Thanks msinger, This was my understanding too.
I was worried as the sign in page states that by signing in you "agree to the terms" etc etc. If the terms have changed you automatically agree to them by signing in.
Also, why is it asking for me to sign in? Hasn't done this before.
Just glad I did this check before heading out where there is no internet connection as this would've grounded me.

No it didn't. However, it now knows there's an update so requests for me to do so which I'll ignore.
To date I hadn't been getting these update requests as I didn't allow the app to have a network connection while it was open.
For whatever reason today it wouldn't let me open the Go4 app without signing in, which of course you need a network connection to do.

@GlenT perhaps you can share this on all the numerous threads stating a forced up date.
Hi Michael,
I haven't been forced to update. I just had to re sign into Go4.
As this has never happened before I was concerned hence the question here asking if it was still okay to re sign. But as msnger also stated, you do not have to update even when Go4 requests you to do so.

Yes should have made myself clearer.
What I suppose I meant is that you have confirmed that there is no forced update even after you had to sign in again.
Lots of posters here are saying that there is a forced update which is not true.
Maybe they should hear it from someone who has had to re sign in.

Reactions: GlenT
To the OP, did your DJIGo4 app update? It seems like that is what prompted the requirement to re-sign in.

To the OP, did your DJIGo4 app update? It seems like that is what prompted the requirement to re-sign in.
No, it did not update anything as far as I'm aware. My Go4 is version 4.1.0 and firm ware is still 0400
I still don't know why I had to re sign into the app. It would've been incredibly frustrating had I gone out and had no internet connection, without re signing in the app would not open.
This is exactly why I fired everything up yesterday here at home. Just to make sure all systems were go before venturing out this week.
Edit, Maybe the app did update itself? Is 4.1.0 the latest version?

It must've updated pretty darn fast as I turned Airplane mode back on not long after I signed back in.
One thing I've just noticed is return to home altitude has a max figure of 50m. I'm sure you could set it higher previously. Positive I had it at 60m.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv