DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are the Mavic cameras on eBay legit?

dus143

Reactions
Hi all, first time poster here. I’m a hobby photographer, I bought a Mavic on impulse a few months ago. I figured I’d break it immediately, but it has held up vs my ham fisted manipulation until last week. I broke the camera, while it’s down I might replace a few other parts.

A long time ago I used to play with RC cars and helis and I’m used to self-repair on other types of gadgets and electronics. When I bought the Mavic I mistakenly assumed parts would be available for repair as I was accustomed to with other RC vehicles. In hindsight I should have researched DJI’s attitude about repair and replacement parts prior to buying a Mavic.

After researching my options for repair parts I’ve found a lot of conflicting information. Many people have written here and on other forums that DJI does not offer repair parts directly to consumers, repairs are only performed by authorized repair centers. But looking at eBay, AliExpress, Amazon etc I see a lot of people offering what they claim to be Mavic replacement parts manufactured by DJI. It looks like the cameras and the motor/arm assemblies are in DJI packaging with a UPC(however, the UPC on the packaging of the camera does not exist in the UPC database). One eBay seller(dronesuperstore) even claims the camera comes with a 1 year warranty from DJI. I contacted DJI support about the warranty claimed in the eBay listing, the response was that they do not offer the Mavic camera in their store and I should not expect warranty service

At this point I assume these are all knockoff parts and not DJI OEM as many of the listings claim. I’m curious if anyone here has purchased these parts and if they notice significant differences in quality from the originals. I apologize if this topic has been discussed here before, I could not find anything after searching.

He sells good used or new stuff. That's who I use if I need something. Well known in here too if you have to get a lynch mob together if he disappears on you

@Masheen I wouldn't be worried about copied parts if the dealers & manufacturers were honest about it. But from what I can tell the majority are claiming these are factory parts when all evidence suggests they're knockoffs. Why not just be honest about it?

@everyone else thanks for the advice. @Thunderdrones I'll be in touch.

Like most companies I suspect that DI outsources the cameras to be manufactured by another company. Typically those companies will sell extra inventory on the side to smaller companies. I think that's what your seeing on eBay. The problem that if you buy it and it does not work properly you are pretty much out of luck. Also installation is not something most people can do.

With Thunderdrones you know the camera is new and he double checks that his work is done properly and then tests it.
So far I have not seen one person post that his repair job was not to their satisfaction, that speaks volumes.

Rob

Reactions: Clinton1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gerardomavic