DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there differences between UK/US versions of Mini 2?

Pondhopper

Reactions
I am currently in the UK and where I am there are a ton of stunningly beautiful castles, stately homes, churches, and landscapes that I am itching to capture.

I don't have a drone yet and was planning on getting the Mini 2 when I get back to Los Angeles.

Apart from the cost (it's more expensive to buy one here, than back in LA), are there differences between the Mini 2 sold in the UK and the one sold in the USA? I can't seem to find a definitive answer after a few hours search but then my search game might be weak.

Thanks in advance.

But if the scenery you wish to capture is in the UK how is getting a drone when you get back to Los Angeles going to help capture it?

There is no difference. Only thing is in UK the drone transmission would be in CE mode and in USA in FCC mode but that's not hardware related. The drone has both transmission capabilities but will be restricted by GPS location.

There is no difference. Only thing is in UK the drone transmission would be in CE mode and in USA in FCC mode but that's not hardware related. The drone has both transmission capabilities but will be restricted by GPS location.
Ok gotcha. So the drone will switch from CE to FCC transmission mode when I return to the US?

Apart from the cost (it's more expensive to buy one here, than back in LA), are there differences between the Mini 2 sold in the UK and the one sold in the USA?
The drone is the same, but you need to check the potential warranty issues.
Could you make a warranty claim in the UK for a drone bought in the US?

Good point.
No, the warranty and, I believe, care refresh are only valid in the country of purchase.

The drone is the same, but you need to check the potential warranty issues.
Could you make a warranty claim in the UK for a drone bought in the US?
Good point.
No, the warranty and, I believe, care refresh are only valid in the country of purchase.

Both very good points. Thank you.

I can get the drone for the equivalent of £294 including Care Refresh in the US, versus £518 inc CR in the UK. While the cash isn't that much of a deal breaker, coupled with the potential warranty issues, it's enough ot make me hold off until I get back stateside.

Thanks all. Very helpful.

I am currently in the UK and where I am there are a ton of stunningly beautiful castles, stately homes, churches, and landscapes that I am itching to capture.

I don't have a drone yet and was planning on getting the Mini 2 when I get back to Los Angeles.

Apart from the cost (it's more expensive to buy one here, than back in LA), are there differences between the Mini 2 sold in the UK and the one sold in the USA? I can't seem to find a definitive answer after a few hours search but then my search game might be weak.

Thanks in advance.
Keep in mind that those castles and stately homes are privately owned by either the national trust or English heritage and they’re protected by bye-laws prohibiting drone flights.

Keep in mind that those castles and stately homes are privately owned by either the national trust or English heritage and they’re protected by bye-laws prohibiting drone flights.
Good point. I know some ruins near me that aren't covered, plus a few abandoned factories and so on. Most places are covered by NT or EH though. I hadn't considered that. thanks for the help.
Second hand Mavic mini via ebay perhaps?? You'd be able to use the battery/ies in a US bought Mini 2.

Not a bad idea. I shall go look. I knew this forum would be handy and it's already provided a mine of info for me. Thanks all.

With regards to NT and maybe EH sites, there are quite a few threads about them but I recollect the consensus is, or maybe was, that they can legally prevent you from taking off and landing on their land but not from overflying it.
That said if there are people about I, for one, would be wary of over flying them but I prefer not to fly over people at all.
With regards to stately homes, some of them are actually homes so there could also be privacy concerns even if sections of the 'house' are open to the public. Though....in such cases it might not hurt to ask. Who knows, their 'Lord or Ladyship' might be interested in the footage.

Last edited:
With regards to NT and maybe EH sites, there are quite a few threads about them but I recollect the consensus is, or maybe was, that they can legally prevent you from taking off and landing on their land but not from from overflying it.
That said if there are people about I, for one, would be wary of over flying them but I prefer not to fly over people at all.
With regards to stately homes, some of them are actually homes so there could also be privacy concerns even if sections of the 'house' are open to the public. Though....in such cases it might not hurt to ask. Who knows, their 'Lord or Ladyship' might be interested in the footage.
There's a few within spitting distance of where I have a house in the south of the UK, so I could take off from my garden. I know that two of the houses are museums that are currently closed to the public and no one lives there. The others i'm not sure about. The castles near me are just ruins and are open to the public. In all honesty, for my first few flights I am going to steer very clear of the public, so all of these sites are probably off-limits for me for the time being.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin