DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there "Drone Jammers" in Kyiv, Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaros

Reactions
Hello, I'm for a week in Kyiv, Ukraine, and want to fly my Mavic air 2. I already flew it 2 times but was scared that it will fall out of the sky or just autoland somewhere random because of those drone jammers.
I know that these "drone jammers" are very abundant in Russia, but how is the situation in the capital of Ukraine, Kyiv? For now, the experience was fine, I did get scared one time when it lost signal, but it RTHed successfully.

Did anyone have any bad experiences when flying here in Kyiv? I know there are many people that break drone laws here and go ridiculously high, the max I saw on youtube was 4km high, I'm not one of those, I try to fly legally, at least when possible.
Also, I googled and these "drone jammers" are easily available to buy, but I don't know how legal they are to use here. This is strange because in the EU and US they aren't available to buy normally, they are illegal as far as I know.

If someone knows places where I shouldn't fly around Kyiv because of signal spoofing, please advise.

Its ok to be afraid of flying , but try to rationalize the Drone Jammers as being very rare incidents. .
We have many clients in the Ukraine and none of them worry about Drone Jammers .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

We saw hundreds of drone videos from the battlefield in Ukraine. So I bet there's not that many drone jammer deployed, and DJI didn't enforced additional no-fly-zone also. Both Russia and Ukraine possess an advance EW capabilities. So the fact that consumer drones can fly around freely means jamming the drone signal is not that easy.
aDDnZQN_700bwp.webp

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
I hope there are drone pilots there in the Ukraine doing reconnaissance against Russia. It could help make the difference to protecting innocent peoples lives. Many unsung heroes there!

Kitties enjoy drones too! 😺
Reminds me of a skit on the 1960s BBC comedy radio show "Round the Horne". The show's announcer, Douglas Smith, was to supply the sound of a gun in a gangster story, but supposedly hadn't read the script before taping. When his big moment came, he declaimed, "Meow! Meow!"

Kenneth Horne stopped the action to berate him. "Meow meow? The script says 'gat', American slang for 'gun'! Not cat."

• Haha
Reactions: surfbird
That cat probably sees and hears things the men don't. Probably nice to have that tabby around.

As for jammers, they are incredibly easy to make using 2.4G and 5.4/5.8G DECT portable home phones.

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
I hope there are drone pilots there in the Ukraine doing reconnaissance against Russia. It could help make the difference to protecting innocent peoples lives. Many unsung heroes there!
Both side did use drone extensively to scout enemy and for propaganda purpose. The easy solution will be a blanket jamming that will affect every drones regardless whom it belong to. But to me, the value of DJI drones shouldn't be to scout enemy position for artillery strike. It sadden me that my hobby is used for causing harm to other people regardless of which side of the conflict they were. I suggest that DJI drones should be use to a more humanitarian purpose, such as finding civilians trapped in a conflict area or recording any war crimes and any other violations of the war. The killing part should be left to a military drones.

You just killed then with your ‘hope’;
Russia can see both DJI drone and operator position and bomb the area

Ok, this thread is heading into the political realm.

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98