DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are there only few hours to find lost MM ?

I'm totally new to ipad. How the heck do you get the dat files off it to my Win10 computer. I really am lost. With Android or windows, I just navigate to folders and copy what I darn well please. (g)

The available methods are described in the guide mentioned above.

I tried emailing but maybe too large or restricted.

You tried emailing what to whom?

Well, today ended up being a good day for me. I retrieved my Mini from its lofty perch, 15m up a pine tree. Unbelievably it's fully functioning after 4 full weeks out in thunderstorms, wind rain and sunshine! The very long wobbly pole cobbled together from construction timber (6 lengths!) did the trick! Despite some clumsy thumping of the branches and drone it dropped out of the tree in its entirety and fully working. Not even a damaged prop warning! It just has a few green and brown smudges on it to show for the ordeal.20200627_200241.jpg

Well, today ended up being a good day for me. I retrieved my Mini from its lofty perch, 15m up a pine tree. Unbelievably it's fully functioning after 4 full weeks out in thunderstorms, wind rain and sunshine! The very long wobbly pole cobbled together from construction timber (6 lengths!) did the trick! Despite some clumsy thumping of the branches and drone it dropped out of the tree in its entirety and fully working. Not even a damaged prop warning! It just has a few green and brown smudges on it to show for the ordeal.View attachment 106067
I love it. Great. How much did this unwieldy pole system weigh? I wonder if plastic piping could have worked but it might have been like trying to maneuver a long wet noodle!

The pole wasn't too heavy. Around 10kg at a guess. The whole bundle was easily liftable with 1 hand. I'd deliberately gone for slimmer battens to keep the weight manageable. It had to be erected in parts as it was far too flexible to lift up to vertical in its entirety. We got the first 4 sections lifted up vertical and resting against a lower branch and then lifted it up and attached 1/2 length sections to the bottom, piece by piece. Definitely a 2 person job, as one did the prodding while another acted as spotter (using a 400mm tele lens as a spotter scope to see what was going on).

Plastic piping may have worked, but here it would have cost 3x the price. The wood was the cheapest long thing available.

Reactions: ff22
Well, today ended up being a good day for me. I retrieved my Mini from its lofty perch, 15m up a pine tree. Unbelievably it's fully functioning after 4 full weeks out in thunderstorms, wind rain and sunshine! The very long wobbly pole cobbled together from construction timber (6 lengths!) did the trick! Despite some clumsy thumping of the branches and drone it dropped out of the tree in its entirety and fully working. Not even a damaged prop warning! It just has a few green and brown smudges on it to show for the ordeal.View attachment 106067
Happy to see you managed to get MM down, tree looks really high! I guess MM was not on for 4weeks on that tree :)...you were lucky to know eaxctly where it was!. Once I lost MM’s predecessor (simpler drone without GPS) in the field, and could not spot it even I was 2m close to it. What helped was that camera was all the 30min of my search on, and I could see once myself on my connected mobile device looking for that drone in high grass.

Reactions: scro
I put some yellow reflective tape on the drone a few weeks before this. Using a dslr with external flash I was able to pick up a tiny yellow spot in the tree after many attempts. Had it not been for the tape I'd have never located it. Looking right at it through a 400mm telephoto lens I could only recognise it because of the yellow on it. I managed to get to the tree within a minute of crashing so could hear the "find my drone" beeps coming from somewhere near the top of the tree.
20200417_163757.jpgIMG-20200618-WA0009-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I put some yellow reflective tape on the drone a few weeks before this. Using a dslr with external flash I was able to pick up a tiny yellow spot in the tree after many attempts. Had it not been for the tape I'd have never located it. Looking right at it through a 400mm telephoto lens I could only recognise it because of the yellow on it. I managed to get to the tree within a minute of crashing so could hear the "find my drone" beeps coming from somewhere near the top of the tree.
View attachment 106105View attachment 106106
Great idea with the yellow reflexive tape!

Reactions: scro and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98