DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you getting any Christmas goody’s for your drone 2018

How did that happen with the gimbal? And what will you do with your MP?...

I had just completed testing my six Bower filters. The effects of the GR Blue and Orange were very impressive to me. I felt foolish for not experimenting with them for the last 3 years! However, my hunch is that any effect you can achieve with GR Blue and Orange ND filters you can achieve digitally in post production via Lightroom or other program.

The mistake I made was mixing up the order of filters. :rolleyes: Anyone can see the difference between Blue and Orange filters but the differences between some of the others is subtle. More on this later...

1551855847531.png

The other mistake I made that day was flying low and slow into a fence. :rolleyes: No excuse really other than being momentarily inattentive. Maybe for me its safer to fly over water where there are fewer fences! Anyway, my poor little MP got broken nose and four broken props. Fortunately, a short fall to ground so except for busted gimbal (and ego) no other visible damage. I really like the MP and I have all the accessories including some nice cases so I am considering possible repair to keep in the fleet.

Get yourself back over water chip, bloody safer;) there’s something about water I love;).

With your new drone you’ll be able to zoom in on those shipsThumbswayup

Another fleet of filters then or will your old ones fit your new zoom?

Get yourself back over water chip, bloody safer;) there’s something about water I love;).

With your new drone you’ll be able to zoom in on those shipsThumbswayup

Another fleet of filters then or will your old ones fit your new zoom?

Yes, I am thinking the zoom will work great for me to shoot ships and wildlife from distance. Not sure about the filters, will have to check that. Chat tomorrow gents!

I had just completed testing my six Bower filters. The effects of the GR Blue and Orange were very impressive to me. I felt foolish for not experimenting with them for the last 3 years! However, my hunch is that any effect you can achieve with GR Blue and Orange ND filters you can achieve digitally in post production via Lightroom or other program.

The mistake I made was mixing up the order of filters. :rolleyes: Anyone can see the difference between Blue and Orange filters but the differences between some of the others is subtle. More on this later...

View attachment 65140

The other mistake I made that day was flying low and slow into a fence. :rolleyes: No excuse really other than being momentarily inattentive. Maybe for me its safer to fly over water where there are fewer fences! Anyway, my poor little MP got broken nose and four broken props. Fortunately, a short fall to ground so except for busted gimbal (and ego) no other visible damage. I really like the MP and I have all the accessories including some nice cases so I am considering possible repair to keep in the fleet.
sorry for your loss get it fixed you know you want to

Last edited:
@Chip ...
I really do not know what I would do in your situation. But only flying over water is probably not a good idea. Because in case of a crash over water probably nothing usable of the MP would be left.

I also have so many accessories for my MP, and so my first thoughts would be to try the repair, or buy a used MP. Maybe Rob can give you an estimate of the repair costs. And with luck, the repair is not too expensive. Then you can fly large rescue missions with your MP. lol

It might sound funny, but I saw a lot of YT (drone rescue) videos where, for example, people with an MP rescued another MP. The little bird should be able to carry up to 1500 grams, so a lost M2Z will not be a big problem. Maybe it's good to have a backup drone :)

Anyway ... I wish you lots of fun with your new Mavic. And in the future, do not fly so close to the ground anymore :))

If my wife realizes that something terrible has happened to me, then she buys something nice for me :)
View attachment 65141
I like that ... lol ...

That is great! I think my GF would do the same actually unless she never knew the crash happened. Which when I think of the big picture, may be for the best. Right now she thinks Im pretty skilled with the drone (at least the flying part) and I see no reason to undermine that..better to have cold toes and say nothing....;)

Chip last night after work:D

You got that right! But, one more day to go....

Arriving tomorrow by 9 PM
Track package
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone Quadcopter with 24-48mm Optical Zoom Camera Video UAV 12MP 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor (US Version)

Sold by: Amazon.com Services, Inc

Track package
DJI Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery Replacement for Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter 3850mAh Accessory

[/QUOTE]

You got that right! But, one more day to go....

Track package
DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Drone Quadcopter with 24-48mm Optical Zoom Camera Video UAV 12MP 1/2.3" CMOS Sensor (US Version)

Track package
DJI Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery Replacement for Mavic 2 Zoom, Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter 3850mAh Accessory

[/QUOTE]

She didn’t look amused on that video:oops:

Hey @OMM D :)) ... Any news from you and the hobby? Are you feeling good?
hi@mnis all quiet here waiting for the weather to break,not doing any flying at the moment ,roll on the summer

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User