DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

are you guys having any problems with IOS 11.1

htommy

Reactions
i’ve never had an issue since i bought my mavic back in Feb.,so i received my Temporary Airman Certificate and off to shoot my 1st job and absolutely will not connect and the App is constantly crashing,ive even run beta versions with no problems,ugh such frustration,lol,seriously i should just buy the Litchi app ,im assuming it’s pretty good,i mean all im doing is shooting Real Estate and land,ive been taken in by an established business and i cant even fly,sad[emoji20]

I never had any problems until the update a few days ago :(

i’ve never had an issue since i bought my mavic back in Feb.,so i received my Temporary Airman Certificate and off to shoot my 1st job and absolutely will not connect and the App is constantly crashing,ive even run beta versions with no problems,ugh such frustration,lol,seriously i should just buy the Litchi app ,im assuming it’s pretty good,i mean all im doing is shooting Real Estate and land,ive been taken in by an established business and i cant even fly,sad[emoji20]
Howdy htommy, here are a bunch of threads regarding 11.01, I hope you can find something useful.
Search Results for Query: IOS 11.1 | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

Reactions: Chiu7526 and htommy
What exactly happened and did you get any messages on your device?
I am ready to buy a MAVIC using an iPhone and version 11.1

I have a Mavic Pro and a Mavic Pro Platinum. They both started having problems after doing iOS update to 11.1 and installing latest DJI GO 4. I don’t know which has caused the problems. The MP is still somewhat flyable with DJI Go software, but the new MPP is not flyable with DJI Go software at all.

With the MPP, the screen locks up as soon as it connects to the copter. When it locks up all that is on the screen is the video feed (which is working) and the Camera shutter, and video/Camera switch and Camera settings dots (none work). There is no bannner or metrics showing.

I can still fly the copter using the controller, and the buttons on the controller still allow me to take photos and video. End result is that the problem seems to be DJI GO 4 related,or iOS related, since the copter still flys.

The MP problems are less significant. The problem is that while flying, I lose the video feed. Once again, the copter still flys fine using the controller.

I didn’t have any problems with with copter until I updated iOS and DJI go 4. Sure wish I could go back to the carefree flying that I had over the last year with my MP....

What exactly happened and did you get any messages on your device?
I am ready to buy a MAVIC using an iPhone and version 11.1

DJIwill probably update soon,ive never had any problems before,it basically wont connect then the app freezes

Last edited:
No problems for me with ipad 2 mini but i am only using it for the MP so there's not much drain on the system.

However, it got a bit laggy the other day until i noticed it had stored 20+ video's on it...got rid and it's fine again.

Several of us are using iOS 11.1 without any problems. it might be your device model and/or the GO4 app interface.

I am running iPhone 6 and Mini4 current FW, GO4 4.1.15 current fly safe database.

Reactions: TroutboyNZ
I have iPhone X and iOS 11.1 and it’s not working for me either. The camera image is basically frozen on the screen. I have re-installed dji go bit to no avail.

I have iPhone X and iOS 11.1 and it’s not working for me either. The camera image is basically frozen on the screen. I have re-installed dji go bit to no avail.

With dji go 4.1.16

Attachments

• 0ADB59CE-BB8B-4AE2-AE65-88E2334655A5.png
    0ADB59CE-BB8B-4AE2-AE65-88E2334655A5.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 42
Using iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 11.1 and latest GO4. Cant connect the phone via wifi. With rc, I get a camera feed with non responsive buttons. No fly data etc
I can, however, fly the drone with the ex controller only.
Waiting patiently for the DJI app update

Reactions: htommy
Several of us are using iOS 11.1 without any problems. it might be your device model and/or the GO4 app interface.

I am running iPhone 6 and Mini4 current FW, GO4 4.1.15 current fly safe database.

was using 7 plus,its fine now after DJI update

Using iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 11.1 and latest GO4. Cant connect the phone via wifi. With rc, I get a camera feed with non responsive buttons. No fly data etc
I can, however, fly the drone with the ex controller only.
Waiting patiently for the DJI app update

should work after the DJI app update,mine is

Mines 4.1.16. iOS 11.1. Unfortunately I’m still not having joy

Not Mavic per se but iOS 11.1 is a problem even for P4P (haven't tried it on my MPP yet).
Just purchased iPad Pro with iOS 11.1 that I was using to activate my new Phantom 4 Pro. I was having all sorts of issues with the RC including not linking to the P4P and overall connectivity problems. As a last resort I used an older iPhone with 11.03 and everything worked fine, which totally surprised me. I then reverted my iPad from 11.1 to 11.03 and it works fine. Bottom line, iOS 11.1 is not compatible at least with the P4P and DJI GO4 app. IF you having problems, check your software version, if its 11.1, revert back to 11.03.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman