DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Are you having problems uploading firmware?

BillyBlast01

Reactions
Admins I am a new pilot here and I have already checked in on the pilot check in. I am not new to drones but I am new to the DJI Mavic Pro Platinum. I got my new drone in a few days ago and I had picked up a new laptop before that. My old laptop is 11 years old and no way to update it. It is to old. So I got my drone in and did my first flight in my brothers front yard and then I started to do the firmware update. That is where my problems began. First my new laptop HP with windows 10 would not allow the DJI assistant app so I had to figure out what to do there. I finally had to turn off the safe mode. I then put McAffee on so I would still be protected and I was able to download the assistant app. Then I tried to do the firmware update! NO GO!!! Sweet Jesus what is wrong now? After several days of trying to figure it out I was reading on here last night and searching the posts. There it was. Others are having the same problem and some had suggested to check the internet speed. Now my brother and his wife live in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas and I am staying here for now. So I did a speed test and the upload was like 0.46 not good! My sister in law and I called her provider this morning and this is what we found out. They did show it was weak out here and this is their longest line and it has a lot of customers on it but they showed a upload that was better than I was getting. He then asked me are you using the hardwaire or wifi? Im on wifi. He said try it hardwire. That was an eye opener so I did exactly that and BAM! it worked. If anyone is having similar problems they can send me a message maybe I can help. I know reading the posts here and on a couple of groups I am on elsewhere that helped me out so much. I overlooked the littlest thing and it was a big headache for a few days. All is well now so when the rain blows out tomorrow I hope to get in some stick time!

I’ve always just updated via WiFi. Somethings I’ve had to go into assistant but just to do a firmware update that has always worked for me .

Reactions: BillyBlast01
I’ve always just updated via WiFi. Somethings I’ve had to go into assistant but just to do a firmware update that has always worked for me .
The thing is there wifi router is weak and my new laptop would freeze up and not let me upload. We did not know at first it was their wifi. Once we figured that out and I went hardwire and bypassed the router it worked like a charm.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78