DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Armed DJI Matrice 600 for Chinese military

Jagerbomb52

Reactions
Now there is a mean looking machine.
Interestingly, the Department of Defense banned DJI last week, designating the world’s biggest drone manufacturer as a Chinese military company.

screenshot-dronexl.co-2022.10.19-08_12_40.png

Despite the Seriousness of the Machine to do Damage , this is not why DJI was banned by the DOD or the FBI or CIA , it was based solely on the sharing of Information.

In Recent news the FBI we contacted to help find the Missing kid in Utah , his name Dylan . The FBI were told they could not use the DJI mavic 2 to search for him. Thus the Family had to Hire a private company to use the Drone to do the Search.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain .. Land on the Water

Reactions: karlblessing
Despite the Seriousness of the Machine to do Damage , this is not why DJI was banned by the DOD or the FBI or CIA , it was based solely on the sharing of Information.

In Recent news the FBI we contacted to help find the Missing kid in Utah , his name Dylan . The FBI were told they could not use the DJI mavic 2 to search for him. Thus the Family had to Hire a private company to use the Drone to do the Search.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain .. Land on the Water
Only half correct.

DJI blacklisted by the Department of Defense (DoD) as the drone maker is now considered a Chinese military company.
screenshot-dronexl.co-2022.10.19-10_17_46.png

Warning!, Lets be sure to keep the politics out of this thread or it will be closed or deleted.
Thanks, DM..

Warning!, Lets be sure to keep the politics out of this thread or it will be closed or deleted.
Thanks, DM..
Drone Master

Don’t close your eyes here….All drone enthusiasts need the latest information on whats happening with DJI and need to freely discuss their concerns. I personally need to ascertain the long term viability of owning DJI. My advice is to allow free and open communication around the latest DJI news to this Users Group. Don’t single-handedly make haphazard decisions.

Drone Master

Don’t close your eyes here….All drone enthusiasts need the latest information on whats happening with DJI and need to freely discuss their concerns. I personally need to ascertain the long term viability of owning DJI. My advice is to allow free and open communication around the latest DJI news to this Users Group. Don’t single-handedly make haphazard decisions.
I believe your missing the point here. It's in our guidelines not to bring any politics into the forum.
Please read #13 of our Guidelines. Discussions about politics, weaponry and religion are not permitted in the community and will be closed or removed.
I would suggest that you do not question a moderators actions or comments as this is also not allowed per the forum rules. You have been warned.,, Thanks..DM

Reactions: GFields
Only half correct.

DJI blacklisted by the Department of Defense (DoD) as the drone maker is now considered a Chinese military company.
View attachment 156018
I’d say that’s true Given the original post. And the Chinese do collect data. Why is that so hard to accept?

DJI can try to distance the company from the CCP but their law, as most readers here know, requires companies to provide access to a company’s customer data.

Have 2 M600Pro’s… this looks useless… more Cinematic to present a visual.

Weight exceeds a large gimbal, DSLR & lens. Full camera payloads shortens flight time. I’d guess weapon payload is minimum double a heavy camera setup, especially with a loaded magazine.

Accuracy would be worthless at any distance. I don’t see a form of shock absorber to stabilize gun mount so repeat shots would be futile too.

A single 7.62 or 5.56 round on a moving platform isn’t productive. Much more effective and functional would be a 40mm (M79 or M203) round in repeatIng weapon. Large shot pattern or HE round would have greater effect.

It’s also a large target, and actually pretty fragile. A round through the center midship would likely bring it down.

Knowing both military organizations and the Chinese penchant for controlling the release of information, one must question the origin of the photo posted as well as the other ones in the article linked.

Seems like the OP has fallen for a bit of propaganda, whether by Chinese military sources (doubtful) or by others.

As others have pointed out, this "weapon" would be essentially useless in practice. Just ask anyone who has actually fired any kind of similar weapon. Spray and pray doesn't work very well in practice, and that's all this could do, if it could even stand the force of firing.

Let's get real, and a bit more discriminating, about what we re-post. A little common sense might help, as well as some skepticism about things we read online. As the New Yorker said via cartoon some years ago:

Internet_dog.jpg

Reactions: lorpal and MS Coast
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM