DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Around the Burbs - Brisbane, Queensland , Australia

ZX14-R

Reactions
Brisbane (Northside), Queensland Australia

Reactions: MavRik
Ooow I hope ya credit card is topped up!!!!
That one is gonna cost ya a bit!!!!!!!

Ooow I hope ya credit card is topped up!!!!
That one is gonna cost ya a bit!!!!!!!

And what is wrong wit this one ?? above 50m.

Populous area.
Flying over people.

What's 50 mtrs got to do with anything?

And what is wrong wit this one ?? above 50m.

Personally I don’t think this one is TOO bad vs CASA rules, as compared to the motorcycle meet one !!
I wouldn’t stop, hover, pan down when over homes, but probably high enough for no one to notice you there.

I just find this sort of area not worth flying, unless just for testing or practice.

Don’t give up due to a bit of hopefully constructive criticism (flying or filming etc).

Have a good read if CASA regs here . . .

Download the free ‘Can I Fly There’ app, click where you want to fly and keep out of restricted airspace.

Try and edit scenes more to make vids interesting, cut out bad footage (too fast turns, little blips that happen), keep em short, aim for a few minutes max if possible.

Enjoy the M2P it’s a great drone.

You cant have a blurred line when it comes to the rules!!
This flight is blatantly wrong!
Its not as if the OP joined yesterday! He should know better!
I think what got my back up was him posting a whole heap of video's at once, full of Breaches, as if to say 'look what I can do and I dont care?'
I'm annoyed at the new rules/fee's and conditions being imposed by CASA, these changes were brought about by actions like the above flight and operator.

So you’re concern with this one is flying over homes / and *probably* people at times ?

This business of not fly in a way that endangers people / property IS blurred in my view.

These are CASA regs

You are simply not to fly within 30m (laterally) of people, and ‘not operate your drone in a way that creates a hazard to another aircraft, person or property.’
Flying over buildings is not banned, it would be if flying over a major shopping centre on a Saturday morning with hundreds of people below, that’s obvious common sense.

I would fly this airspace no probs if ok with CIFT, and his Jolly’s lookout and Moreton Is vids, not any of the others like they were done though.

Yeah mate. Look I agree with you, but they are the rules.
You cannot fly over people.
You cannot fly over a populous area. Likes roads etc. In the definition, one person underneath makes the area 'populous'.
If the operator has not got effective control over the houses etc that he flys over, to prevent/ advise people not to go out side, then we are back to flying over people.

Personally I don’t think this one is TOO bad vs CASA rules, as compared to the motorcycle meet one !!
I wouldn’t stop, hover, pan down when over homes, but probably high enough for no one to notice you there.

I just find this sort of area not worth flying, unless just for testing or practice.

Don’t give up due to a bit of hopefully constructive criticism (flying or filming etc).

Have a good read if CASA regs here . . .

Download the free ‘Can I Fly There’ app, click where you want to fly and keep out of restricted airspace.

Try and edit scenes more to make vids interesting, cut out bad footage (too fast turns, little blips that happen), keep em short, aim for a few minutes max if possible.

Enjoy the M2P it’s a great drone.

I have and use the 'Can I Fly There?' app as well as the 'UAV Forecast' app which seems to give slightly different NFZ ? Maybe CASA is a little too generous with their distance ??

Populous area.
Flying over people.

What's 50 mtrs got to do with anything?

Is flying OVER people the same as flying too close to people ? 30m? if you are moving and not hovering over groups to get from point a to point b?

30m is laterally, as per CASA rules I posted the link to.
Imagine a 100’ circle around a person on the ground.
Simmo do you have a YouTube channel (or other such) and mind sharing ?
I’d like to see some of your vids.
I just can’t imagine any drone flyer, no matter how careful, is so perfect they don’t infringe briefly on regs at quite regular intervals.

Reactions: Simmo
30m is laterally, as per CASA rules I posted the link to.
Imagine a 100’ circle around a person on the ground.
Simmo do you have a YouTube channel (or other such) and mind sharing ?
I’d like to see some of your vids.
I just can’t imagine any drone flyer, no matter how careful, is so perfect they don’t infringe briefly on regs at quite regular intervals.
Nah mate. Hey I have never said I'm perfect in any way, I'm learning every day!!!!
I think that education is the key, as I said in my submission to CASA.
Have a look at nearly all video's posted by the OP and you tell me that its ok to sit back and say nothing?
As I said before, this type of activity is exactly why we are facing the rulings we are!!
For the amount of work I do in the sub 2kg world, I'm not going to be paying $120 a year per drone??
All this brought about by EXACTLY the above.

I should have added “unwittingly” or “unknowingly” to breaking rules a little above too, no responsible drone operator goes out of their way to do so on purpose.
Learning is never ending that’s for sure.
Well, I was just keen on keeping him here, not drive them away, so they can pick up right / wrong practices.
If people jump down the throat then new people will leave and continue on until they learn from other sources.
This forum and YouTube were amazing for shortening the loooonnng learning curve.
On ya Simmo catch up sometime.
(Born and bred Bowen boy. )

Reactions: Simmo
I absolutely agree!!
I checked his join date prior to my comments, and he's not new.
@clackey and I have had conversation re more 'senior' members coming down a bit hard on 'newbies'.
Reiterating, had it not been a barrage (and still continuing!) of video's showing extreme lack of knowledge, or an up yours attitude, I may not have reacted the way I did.
I'll PM you my you tube channel!!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I cannot believe this is still up. CASA MUST take an interest in such (I will call it what it is) law breaking. This is exactly what gets us all a bad name.

The rdgs are absolutly explicit in prohibiting this type of flight.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erhard