DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Arrested for Flying a Drone.

Oops. 🤭

Reactions: The Droning Company
He wasn't arrested for flying a drone. He was apparently arrested for not registering a drone and for flying it improperly. But that's not going to garner as many views on Youtube. I'll not be watching.

""... his large drone got him into trouble by being unregistered." There's a good example of passing the buck. It was the drone's fault?

Yeah you never know what's true and what isn't. He claims he was arrested for flying a drone and then later we find out he was detained and fined and only because it was a bigger drone was he held longer. In Germany so I'm not surprised. The thumbnail shows the Mini but then he says Mavic 3 Pro but he used the video in a post a year earlier and the photo he shows is Mavic 3. I guess he's not big on accuracy.

Reactions: Lespaxvera
When are you going to fix the Cookies settings on your website? The only option is to Accept with no explanation of what your cookies are tracking or an option to opt out of any. This is a very poor way of handling cookies and I’m pretty certain it does not conform to standard practice.

I brought this up in another post about a year ago and you never replied to it nor have you changed the Cookie Policy of your website. This why I very seldom ever click on a link to your website. I DO NOT LIKE LIKE BEING TRACKED BY MULTIPLE SITES WHEN READING ONE.

This is my personal opinion and not one as a member of the staff

When are you going to fix the Cookies settings on your website? The only option is to Accept with no explanation of what your cookies are tracking or an option to opt out of any. This is a very poor way of handling cookies and I’m pretty certain it does not conform to standard practice.

I brought this up in another post about a year ago and you never replied to it nor have you changed the Cookie Policy of your website. This why I very seldom ever click on a link to your website. I DO NOT LIKE LIKE BEING TRACKED BY MULTIPLE SITES WHEN READING ONE.

This is my personal opinion and not one as a member of the staff
When I go to a site like that where a popup takes half my screen asking to allow cookies, I leave. Some will allow you to keep viewing without cookies, but the majority dont give you that choice.

My ad blockers stop most if not all site tracking.
This site, along with all the websites I visit, has google and google ads blocked, and retyp.

Ignore is going to work well in the future for clickbait. :)

Reactions: maggior
One option would be the ignore button?
Now clicked.
After seeing too many clickbait posts, I did the same thing.

There have been some good informative articles mixed in here and there, but as soon as I get hit with a Cookie banner that I can only accept to be able to read the article at full screen I leave their website.

This is not helpful to the drone community, not at all. :mad:

Lot of crazy things going on here.

Reactions: Torque
This is not helpful to the drone community, not at all. :mad:

Lot of crazy things going on here.

Another incident in my home state of Utah

Apparently we may have a similar situation in my community. A family claims they have photos of their neighbor harassing and spying on them with a DJI FPV drone in retaliliation for complaints that were made over the drone pilot's pot smoke drifting in their windows. I've been watching this play out on our "Nextdoor" app - lots of drama. The photos were turned over to the FAA a few days ago. Drone pilot is a real hothead and seems, from his posts, completely ignorant of drone laws.

Reactions: mavic3usa
People commit crimes with drones just like they commit crimes with baseball bats, bicycles, and computers. I don't like the use of the word "drone voyeurism" because these bad acts were done with cameras and telescopes and binoculars long before the drone came along and all owners weren't labeled as potential criminals then. We don't need special "drone crimes" like this.

There have been some good informative articles mixed in here and there, but as soon as I get hit with a Cookie banner that I can only accept to be able to read the article at full screen I leave their website.
Thanks for letting us know about this. The Droning Company is a growing process and we did not know that this would be a problem for some of our readers. We have now changed it so that you do not have to accept cookies.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown