DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

River

Reactions
A while ago, maybe 2 weeks back, i updated to the latest firmware v01.03.0200. Updated via iOS so everything got updated nice and fine (remote, mavic, battery etc.). Except for the video quality (that seems to get worse with every update) everying went fine till this update, no erratic behaviour, no unexpected beeps, warnings or other major flight related issues.

Finally i get the time to test the new firmware and try out the new cinematic mode. I find a beautiful spot and prepare to fly, calibrate everything, do my preflight checklist, got enough satellites for safe flight, everyhing seems fine.

I try to fly and instead of taking off and hovering in place the mavic jets up into the sky, look at the control screen and i see that RTH activated automatically, fearing the worse i pull down on the throttle and catch the mavic mid-flight before it can do any other shenanigans.
To weed out any pilot errors i check everything carefully allover again. Check all buttons on the remote, all click fine, nothing jammed anywhere, check the propellars, check the motors, gimbal etc. I move away to a diferent location and make sure that radio interference is low and my phone is off. I try again, same story.

To make a long story short, i downgraded to v01.03.0000 via the desktop assistant software but the problem persists. One thing that i've discovered while troubleshooting is that while using the flight simulator software the virtual drone behaves the same as the real one, same problem, so i am suspecting that there is an issue with the remote control. Also, did some tests indoors, and when i activate the motors they idle for 2 or 3 seconds and then they cut off automatically, same behaviour is mirrored on the flight simulator as well.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any advice would be greatly welcomed.

I had a similar incident on Wednesday. I took off and hovered for a few minutes while the battery warmed up as it was showing as below 15 C. I flew up to about 20 metres and I got the message that the AC was landing. I cancelled the auto landing and flew back towards my position. The next part of the flight was normal for about 10 minutes, then it started RTH without any logical reason.
This was my third flight since I bought it and the first problem I had encountered.

Turn on the remote without the Mavic and without the phone, and push the RTH button. Does it beep, if yes, that means the button isn't jammed, if it doesn't beep your controller is at fault here. Now turn on the Mavic in an open space and try to fly now, does it return to home again? If no, reinstall the DJI Go app. If yes, there's an issue with the Mavic's software.

Thank you for your answers.

The controller might indeed be at fault. Turning on the remote alone and pushing the RTH button does not produce any beeps. How can this be? The controller hasn't suffered any mechanical shocks and the button still clicks as it did before (it does not seem to be physically jammed). All the other buttons beep when clicked. Maybe the software of the remote does not register the button push as a click anymore.

Might it be a software issue? Does anyone else experience issues with the controller?

Turn on the remote without the Mavic and without the phone, and push the RTH button. Does it beep, if yes, that means the button isn't jammed, if it doesn't beep your controller is at fault here. Now turn on the Mavic in an open space and try to fly now, does it return to home again? If no, reinstall the DJI Go app. If yes, there's an issue with the Mavic's software.

Answered above

Thank you for your answers.

The controller might indeed be at fault. Turning on the remote alone and pushing the RTH button does not produce any beeps. How can this be? The controller hasn't suffered any mechanical shocks and the button still clicks as it did before (it does not seem to be physically jammed). All the other buttons beep when clicked. Maybe the software of the remote does not register the button push as a click anymore.

Might it be a software issue? Does anyone else experience issues with the controller?
My button beeps when pushed on the latest firmware. So it might be pushable but the sensor is shorting somehow.

Reactions: Norval
I found a solution. The button still does not work but i've found a way to go around it. Before turning on the remote switch to sports mode, you may or may not take off in sports mode and then switch back to normal mode. There is a description in the users's manual of what switching to sports mode does and why this works. Hope this helps if anyone else is having this issue out there.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adsjr