DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Association of Professional Drone Pilots?

FhvnEd

Reactions
Hello All. Although I've been a professional photographer for 40 years and a hobbyist drone pilot for about 5, I just recently passed my FAA-107 commercial drone pilot certification test and, while doing a search for various commercial pilot opportunities, i.e., real estate; commercial; inspection, etc., I came across this website: www.prodronepilots.org, that lists itself as the Association of Professional Drone Pilots.
1.png
They have a .org domain, indcating a non-profit. Does anyone know anything about this site? I assumed, since it listed itself as an 'association', it would be an ideal organization to join and network with other licensed pilots, but they show no 'join' link, and have no narrative indicating such a choice. They also don't have any email contact and the site appears to be a commercial for-profit business, rather than an association. Perhaps I'm wrong and just not finding the right link. Thanks.

Looking at their website, leads me to believe it is not an association as per what you and I would both consider one. It doesn't seem to have any goal of networking and helping pilots. Rather it seems profit motivated to sell services, training, and products. They are even an authorized DJI reseller.

Looking at their website, leads me to believe it is not an association as per what you and I would both consider one. It doesn't seem to have any goal of networking and helping pilots. Rather it seems profit motivated to sell services, training, and products. They are even an authorized DJI reseller.
Thanks. It does seem like an 'odd' way to list your business.

It does seem like an 'odd' way to list your business.
The domain prodronepilots.org was registered on Dec 31, 2015.
The domain prodronepilots.com was registered on Jun 03, 2014.

It's quite usual that a company uses a free TLD (in this case .org) if another one already had their brand name registered first. It's not a good practice, but it's done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54