DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Asurion - Putting It To Use - Pics & Follow Up

I do not see the $150 being paid back? But that would great too!

Please keep us posted I'm really interested in hearing how other insurance providers handle their claims on drone repairs. B&H has a relationship with Squaretrade but I don't think you can add Squaretrade if drone was purchased elsewhere.

I've filed several claims with Squaretrade non-related to drones you don't get what you paid for insurance plan back only total item price.

I don't think you can add Squaretrade if drone was purchased elsewhere.

I've filed several claims with Squaretrade non-related to drones you don't get what you paid for insurance plan back only total item price.

Last I checked, Squaretrade does not offer coverage for drones at all.

It seems like you could use your Purchase Protection benefits on your credit card (such as American Express), to reimburse you for accidents that occur within the first 90 days of purchase. I'm not sure why DJI Care Refresh or Home Insurance riders or 3rd party insurance is really needed, but that's just me and since I personally don't think its worth it.

90 days vs. 2 years....

Plus why have home insurance ding (go up) over a drone that you could cover for $99 or $159?

Update:
Arrived at Asurion this morning.
0520a06666c281b3bd233dc219b4f7c8.jpg

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

UPDATE: I just called. I was told the damage coverage is only for the remote!!! But a final decision has not been made. I told them Amazon - Asurion never suggest that it does not cover the drone and I can not find in T&C that I was sent that it is not covered. Also, why would anyone spend $150 for a $250 remote? Said, it covers should drone stop working. I said I have a standard one year warranty for that. Smoke and mirrors....stay tuned....

Well, I guess any hope that the process would be painless has gone down the drain. Let's hope it only gets better from here.

Well, well, I called and spoke with a manager today. He confirmed damage only covers remote. I then asked him to go on Amazon and read the description. Clearly indicating the drone would be covered and why would I buy coverage for accidental remote. Pointed out T&C states accidental covered if portable electronic. No mention of drone in T&C. Said this is either smoke and mirrors or will be covered. He said he was forwarding on all my "issues" and would call me Monday. This was today.
Just got a recorded call stating MY CLAIM WILL BE COVERED for purchase price in the form of an ecard. Expect that in 48-72hrs!

I think I will buy Fresh Care as well on my new purchase. Very stressful.

I did keep the battery and sd card [emoji1360] Guess I will have 4 batteries now!

Reactions: dv8ed
If you're not located in California you can purchase State Farm personal articles policy or whatever they call it $60 better than DJI Refresh.

Get care refresh.. you wreck it. You get a new one. Doesn't effect your insurance for real things.

Still waiting on supposed e-money...Have to say even if this works out in my favor it would only of been do to my persistence. Not very comforting moving forward or those who have or will buy.

Assurian will do whatever it thinks will save it money. Including lie. It took me getting them caught in one to get my phone replaced. Despicable people/company.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: HelloNasty1
Well, well, I called and spoke with a manager today. He confirmed damage only covers remote. I then asked him to go on Amazon and read the description. Clearly indicating the drone would be covered and why would I buy coverage for accidental remote. Pointed out T&C states accidental covered if portable electronic. No mention of drone in T&C. Said this is either smoke and mirrors or will be covered. He said he was forwarding on all my "issues" and would call me Monday. This was today.
Just got a recorded call stating MY CLAIM WILL BE COVERED for purchase price in the form of an ecard. Expect that in 48-72hrs!

I did keep the battery and sd card [emoji1360] Guess I will have 4 batteries now!

I have this plan also. It says $900-999.99 in the title of the plan - what remote costs this much! For heaven sakes, don't these guys read their own plans and descriptions!

Again - keep those of us advised on any correspondence/gotcha's of processing this - hope I never have a claim.

Bam! Can't believe I won the battle.
PLEASE NOTE: Had I not called (multiple times) it was in the process of being denied.
5ec44563980a16a9dfca6c5c06858b1b.jpg

They included tax! That was a nice bonus for my troubles.

Wow that worked out. PITA but it worked

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: HelloNasty1

HelloNasty1, care to let us know what you claimed damage to the drone was caused by? I read the same T&C regarding -

"For Products Designed to be Portable in Nature, including Eyewear: • A mechanical or electrical breakdown caused by unintentional and accidental damage from handling of the product (“ADH”), as a result of normal use of the product."

I'm a little concerned about the following exclusion:

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED: (1) Repairs caused by accidental damage, spilled liquids (unless you purchased a portable electronic product or eyewear), insect infestation, misuse, abuse, or intentional physical damage;"

HelloNasty1, care to let us know what you claimed damage to the drone was caused by? I read the same T&C regarding -

"For Products Designed to be Portable in Nature, including Eyewear: • A mechanical or electrical breakdown caused by unintentional and accidental damage from handling of the product (“ADH”), as a result of normal use of the product."

I'm a little concerned about the following exclusion:

"WHAT IS NOT COVERED: (1) Repairs caused by accidental damage, spilled liquids (unless you purchased a portable electronic product or eyewear), insect infestation, misuse, abuse, or intentional physical damage;"

First Question - I told them I flew it into a tree. I left it at that figuring more generic the better. No need to tell them it was going 42mph. I'm sure they have an out for that ;-)

Second - Interestingly the part you are concerned with is one of the parts I used to argue my claim. I had them pull the T&C and I pointed out "UNLESS you purchased portable electronic". Told them clearly portable and electronic:

I also had them submit to the "review team" the title of the Amazon ad for Asurion which clearly refers to drone (not remote only for accident) and the first few bullet points to under it. Especially, "accidents happen be prepared".

Initially they were telling me only remote for damage and only drone for what a normal warranty would cover (motor, camera, etc.) not by damage.

It was a bit of work and not standing down. Requiring to speak to manager. Hope that helps.

First Question - I told them I flew it into a tree. I left it at that figuring more generic the better. No need to tell them it was going 42mph. I'm sure they have an out for that ;-)

Second - Interestingly the part you are concerned with is one of the parts I used to argue my claim. I had them pull the T&C and I pointed out "UNLESS you purchased portable electronic". Told them clearly portable and electronic:

I also had them submit to the "review team" the title of the Amazon ad for Asurion which clearly refers to drone (not remote only for accident) and the first few bullet points to under it. Especially, "accidents happen be prepared".

Initially they were telling me only remote for damage and only drone for what a normal warranty would cover (motor, camera, etc.) not by damage.

It was a bit of work and not standing down. Requiring to speak to manager. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the update -

Also I'm sure you could say was flying fine and then it mysteriously fell out of the sky. Who's to say you are not telling the truth anyway and it might have hit a tree on the way to the ground where it broke into pieces. I doubt they have any ability to analyze flight logs to discern whether the drone motors and/or electrical quit working when the accident occurred.

But was just wondering. It's crazy that they label the policy a "
Asurion 2 Year Drone & Ride On Accident Protection Plan ($900 - $999.99)" and then try and say it's remote only coverage - come on!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KaVVT