DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTI mode practice

The antennae are in the front legs bud, so you would only be covering up the gps etc..
But no way to switch out of Atti when the OP would lose control. He still needs to train it.
This solution is only good for a skilled pilot.

Reactions: Simmo and radman
Not really, I have almost no practice in ATTI mode and still maintained a cool head when steering mine in ATTI mode next to a rock face with some stalactites above it, over water. Then I flew out to the ocean, but of course it gained GPS on the way out and set a home point in the middle of the ocean. XD It's all about keeping calm when you are working difficult situations. In another I misgauged the wind and the drone, despite sport mode, was crawling back to me very slowly. It looked as if the battery was going to run out before it could make it back. So instead of panicking, I started to look for some open clearings to land on, and then new ones as I kept passing the clearings as my Trackimo would've made it easy to figure out which one it was in. Fortunately I made it back, but with 3% battery.
You might be in the minority...there are some/many new DJI enthusiasts that are even sure what ATTI represents when it displays on their RC/phone/tablet.

How would you know?
really?take a look at your factory gimble cover,then explain how air can pass thru the cover to cool the mavic?

If you want to learn ATTI mode, buy a used Inspire. They can be found pretty cheap these days, and you may be able to re-sell it for close to what you paid for it.

really?take a look at your factory gimble cover,then explain how air can pass thru the cover to cool the mavic?
Through the large slot in the plastic? And its not really an airtight seal either is it?

Why don’t we all lobby DJI to enable atti mode in their next firmware update? I’d love to be able to switch into sport mode and have the Mavic go into atti straight away.
I’m new to the Mavic Pro and I’ve only had 1Hr or so flight time due to the bad wheather we have at the moment here in the U.K.

I flew my Mavic in sport mode and I only got it to fly at 22mph despite full throttle and maintaining a constant altitude.

An old Phantom 2 would be cheap, and is good for ATTI ... and even full manual too!
Love mucking about with mine.
No FPV ... but that makes it more fun!

An inspire to practice ATT mode, i guess if you have unlimited funds.
What makes more sense is a used Phantom, i'm assuming you didn't know Phantoms come with Att mode. I do attribute being able to handle the Mavic in Att, because i flew a P3A for 12 months before acquiring a Mavic,

If you want to learn ATTI mode, buy a used Inspire. They can be found pretty cheap these days, and you may be able to re-sell it for close to what you paid for it.
Or you could spend $1000+ less on a used phantom 3 or 4,and practice in ATTI mode.
I enjoy flying my Phantom in ATTI...

Yes... Practice with a 6k aircraft...
Amazing that with both comments, you haven't looked up what I said exactly -- ie USED. You've instead looked up the retail cost of the most expensive Inspire 1 Pro, and decided that what I said was inappropriate.

FYI, a used, V1.0 Inspire 1 can be had or around $1000...and the price for that is stable -- ie you can both buy and sell it at that price. Yes, you could get a used Phantom as well.. but if you're just planning to sell them after you get some ATTI practice, why not get the higher performance one?

...Then I flew out to the ocean, but of course it gained GPS on the way out and set a home point in the middle of the ocean.

Tangential topic, but THIS makes no sense to me. If the drone momentarily loses GPS and the home point gets reset when the signal is regained, it defeats the purpose of RTH. I realize that RTH relies on GPS, but if you lose signal and have a fly away, I would be holding hope that at some point it would get signal back, realize it's disconnected from the controller and fly back to the last home position. If the home position is reset when it gets signal back, there's no hope. Seems like stupid design decision to me....

LP

Reactions: Foggyb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James