DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ATTI mode practice

kakao

Reactions
i can see that many pilots lost their birds due to inability to fly without a gps signal, so I'll be doing some practising in an open field with no trees.

Any recommendations on aspects that I need to pay extra arrentuon to, thanks!??'

(Please no stupid coments, thanks again ...

how do you plan to force it in atti mode?

Reactions: techandfitness
i can see that many pilots lost their birds due to inability to fly without a gps signal, so I'll be doing some practising in an open field with no trees.

Any recommendations on aspects that I need to pay extra arrentuon to, thanks!??'

(Please no stupid coments, thanks again ...

Keep the gimbal cover on.

Reactions: Wipster
Someone mentioned putting alu foil on the top of MP would cut off gps, no?!?
yes it will just dont cover the vents,i wouldnt suggest atti until you know every flight mode like the back of your hand.

Reactions: ScubaBob
I've been flying my bird since 12.12.17 in various modes.

Yes, I'm a big chicken, very cautious ...

Got bit scared by reading about so many loses when peps lost their drones as a result of loss of gps signal and inability to fly in atti mode.

I've been reading a lot of posts here and on the Spark forum from people wanting to fly in ATTI mode in order to practice for an emergency. IMO I think the concept is admirable, but from what I've learned is when a person is truly "knee deep in ****" all that practice goes out the window. Practicing with a $1,000 device is illogical, but a $35 drone on Amazon if you feel you need practice.

I've been reading a lot of posts here and on the Spark forum from people wanting to fly in ATTI mode in order to practice for an emergency. IMO I think the concept is admirable, but from what I've learned is when a person is truly "knee deep in ****" all that practice goes out the window. Practicing with a $1,000 device is illogical, but a $35 drone on Amazon if you feel you need practice.
Not really, I have almost no practice in ATTI mode and still maintained a cool head when steering mine in ATTI mode next to a rock face with some stalactites above it, over water. Then I flew out to the ocean, but of course it gained GPS on the way out and set a home point in the middle of the ocean. XD It's all about keeping calm when you are working difficult situations. In another I misgauged the wind and the drone, despite sport mode, was crawling back to me very slowly. It looked as if the battery was going to run out before it could make it back. So instead of panicking, I started to look for some open clearings to land on, and then new ones as I kept passing the clearings as my Trackimo would've made it easy to figure out which one it was in. Fortunately I made it back, but with 3% battery.

I think learning atti is quite important, I've found myself in multiple situations where there is a bit of wind and I have to get the quad up 50+ feet to find satalites before I get GPS lock.

Always keep the drone heading facing directly away from you, this will massively help with orientation. Start messing with yaw and you will quickly loose orientation.

It would be nice if one could at least switch the simulator to Atti.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998