DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Audio adapter finally released

fozzzy

Reactions
So DJI have finally released the 3.5mm adapter , slightly more expensive than the couple of pound options from ebay and amazon at a not insignificant £35. So whats peoples thoughts? Ill be grabbing one purely out of necessity, but i do wish I'd been kissed first before bending me over a barrel

Think we get the idea guys so let's sway this back to the adapter shall we .Thumbswayup

Reactions: Sniperfritz
Not a chance... That's an absurd price, and when ordered from DJI the shipping cost puts it in the "no ... way" category. Even if it becomes available in US via B&H or Adorama (free shipping) there is no way I'm spending that much on something that should have been incorporated in the original design (kind of like a 1/4-20 mounting screw). They lost me as an 'over the barrel' customer on this one. ( And I've sent them a note to that effect ). "Bring in the Clones" (are you listening PolarPro !! ??)

When I need "sound" audio I sticking with my original Osmo.

OK, so for those of us willing to pay the price...........where can we find them? I don’t see it listed on anyone’s web site.

OK, so for those of us willing to pay the price...........where can we find them? I don’t see it listed on anyone’s web site.
Dji europe website is where I've grabbed mine from

Dji europe website is where I've grabbed mine from

The DJI USA web site now shows them. I ordered one despite the astronomical price because I want to be able to use my Rodes shotgun mic and “nobody” makes a cheaper alternative that actually “works”.

I ordered mine through DJI yesterday and the total cost here in the States with shipping was $39 US plus $15 shipping. I am a DJI Select member, so I had a 20% discount coupon, making my personal total $46.20. I agree it's a little over the top price wise, but my wanting won over on the judgement.

I ordered mine through DJI yesterday and the total cost here in the States with shipping was $39 US plus $15 shipping. I am a DJI Select member, so I had a 20% discount coupon, making my personal total $46.20. I agree it's a little over the top price wise, but my wanting won over on the judgement.
Same here really, came to £48.00gbp with shipping, but when ya need it you need it ;)

Reactions: Gr8fulTed
Traveling to London in a couple of months and looking forward to using the Pocket with a mic.

What mic are you Using? I have a Rodes mini shotgun mic that I am going to try when my adapter comes in

What mic are you Using? I have a Rodes mini shotgun mic that I am going to try when my adapter comes in
I haven't got one yet. Thought I'd wait until the adapter came out first. Gonna do some research to see what might work best with such a tiny unit.

Epic failure. My adapter came in and it does not work with my Rode MiniMic-ME. I get zero audio when I plug the mic in. The internal mics work just fine. I am going to try a different external mic and see what happens.

Mystery solved: when all else fails, read the instructions. This adapter is made for mics with TRS plugs. My Rodes mic has a TRRS plug. I have another mini shotgun mic on the way with the proper plug and will post a review then.

Last edited:
Reactions: fozzzy
Epic failure. My adapter came in and it does not work with my Rode MiniMic-ME. I get zero audio when I plug the mic in. The internal mics work just fine. I am going to try a different external mic and see what happens.

Mystery solved: when all else fails, read the instructions. This adapter is made for mics with TRS plugs. My Rodes mic has a TRRS plug. I have another mini shotgun mic on the way with the proper plug and will post a review then.
Missed my delivery today, ******* DHL ;) ive got the mini video Rode already to go ;)

Missed my delivery today, ******* DHL ;) ive got the mini video Rode already to go ;)

Make sure your mic has a TRS plug on it. If it has a TS or TRRS like my Rode then it won’t work. I have another mini Shotgun Mic coming (should be here Saturday) that has the proper TRS plug so all should be good to go.

Just ordered ($7.95) a female TRRS to male TRS adapter. This setup should allow me to use my Rodes mini shotgun mic with the DJI Osmo adapter.

I received my audio adapter today and was sort of holding my breath because of the several posts here and elsewhere in which the Rode and other mics are low output to begin with. I plugged my relatively inexpensive BOYA BY-MM1 into it. In comparing it to the built in mics, what I found was that the volume was super low, but the fidelity was much better. Then it hit me: what audio setting did I have the Osmo Pocket on? So I tried the BOYA BY-MM1 in all 4 of the Pocket's settings. The low and moderate were especially soft and hard to hear, but I know that I could boost it in post. However both the High and Auto settings on the Pocket created audio that was just fine and the fidelity quality was much better than the Pocket's mics. At this point, I am not disappointed.

I received my audio adapter today and was sort of holding my breath because of the several posts here and elsewhere in which the Rode and other mics are low output to begin with. I plugged my relatively inexpensive BOYA BY-MM1 into it. In comparing it to the built in mics, what I found was that the volume was super low, but the fidelity was much better. Then it hit me: what audio setting did I have the Osmo Pocket on? So I tried the BOYA BY-MM1 in all 4 of the Pocket's settings. The low and moderate were especially soft and hard to hear, but I know that I could boost it in post. However both the High and Auto settings on the Pocket created audio that was just fine and the fidelity quality was much better than the Pocket's mics. At this point, I am not disappointed.

How do you change audio settings in the Osmo Pocket itself???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78