DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

authorization for night without position lights, but the area is lit

ThirtyWest

Reactions
Greetings,

First time posting.

I'm looking to apply for an authorization under 107 to record the local high school marching band's evening practices next Fall.

The area is stadium lit, but the hours would technically be at night.

Is anyone aware of such an authorization makeup?

Reactions: MA2 317
In order to fly at night w/o 3SM strobes, you have to obtain a waiver. You won't get one of those for the project you want. Just fly with strobes.

Hi ThirtyWest...welcome to the site.....I hope you get to shoot some other activity before next fall....look forward to seeing your pictures and videos

Greetings,

First time posting.

I'm looking to apply for an authorization under 107 to record the local high school marching band's evening practices next Fall.

Wait a minute, I may have read this wrong. If you're 107, you just need the online recurrent, or you need to have taken your initial 107 after April 6, 2021. And then you need to use 3SM strobes.

Full article here: Drones at night. Yes? No? Let's clarify... - Drone Service Providers Alliance

Greetings,

First time posting.

Your title is confusing. Are you just trying to fly at night or are you trying to fly without lights on the drone?

Don't understand your objection to strobes if they are shielded from the camera. What am I missing?

I don't object to the strobes. I wasn't sure if the mavic air 2 had them. the project is in the Fall, well after civil twilight. It's night. But a heavily lit stadium. that's why I asked--if a lit area would obviate the need for strobes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143