DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Automatic Landing Flyaway

Don't really know from where you get all these odd DAT files ... are you looking at the right place? The correct DAT file ending with FLY010.DAT are in a sub folder with the name MCDatFlightRecords located in the folder were the TXT log was placed.

The data you refer to is completely bogus ... should a M2z during 258sec fly 10704m ... I mean that's 41,5m/s. Even more in that Airdata upload is impossible ...

1584233356108.png

Reactions: Buddhamcbuddha
That spurious positions might be when it’s in the tree and getting bad gps positioning.

It looks like the link was temporarily restored after the aircraft landed and shut down the motors - that would account for later data in the DAT file, which doesn't end at motor stop.

It won't send. Says too large.

Not surprising. Can you put it on Dropbox or Google Drive and post a link?

Reactions: Buddhamcbuddha
It looks like the link was temporarily restored after the aircraft landed and shut down the motors - that would account for later data in the DAT file, which doesn't end at motor stop.

Not surprising. Can you put it on Dropbox or Google Drive and post a link?
interesting.

Don't really know from where you get all these odd DAT files ... are you looking at the right place? The correct DAT file ending with FLY010.DAT are in a sub folder with the name MCDatFlightRecords located in the folder were the TXT log was placed.

The data you refer to is completely bogus ... should a M2z during 258sec fly 10704m ... I mean that's 41,5m/s. Even more in that Airdata upload is impossible ...

View attachment 96609
thanks. posted link now.

The GPS data shows what happened ...

This was the GPS data:

1584233891859.png

This the IMU(0)

1584233918694.png

The IMU(1)

1584233957590.png

0 rpm's on the motors the whole way through the later bogus data ...

1584234297230.png

Thank you. That suggests that it landed, as I expected, in the field. However I could not find it anywhere. It should have been easy to locate.

thanks. posted link now.

Okay - so that's what happened - the aircraft connected again after landing, but was not receiving valid location data. It's where I plotted it above, not out in the field.

Graph0.png

Here are the location data, color coded by hDOP:

Graph2.png

I put them into google and bing. They go to a location out at sea.

Can't help you there (56.0230°N, 2.6171°W) - here they are pasted into Google Maps.

1584234636058.png

I put them into google and bing. They go to a location out at sea.
Okay - so that's what happened - the aircraft connected again after landing, but was not receiving valid location data. It's where I plotted it above, not out in the field.

View attachment 96620

Here are the location data, color coded by hDOP:

View attachment 96621

Can't help you there (56.0230°N, 2.6171°W) - here they are pasted into Google Maps.

View attachment 96616
Sorry, I must have mis typed!

As @sar104 pointed out in post #32 ... the aircraft connected again after landing, but was not receiving valid location data. Probably the AC were laying in a way that a proper GPS location was impossible, the navHealth in the log was shown as 0 (5 is maximum).

1584236822366.png

Ok. I see. But the only reason for that would be if it crashed into the trees right? If it landed on grass or on the earth it would give a correct GPS Reading?

I think you should just have to trust sar with his assessment. He has helped dozens of people locate their lost drones in this forum.
Who knows what can effect the gps when it’s doesn’t have full view of the sky, in a tree or in tall grasses. Since your RC has re-establishes connection, it might be in a tree. Your flight time was 16min 24sec, but you still had connection until the battery died, at about 30min. What’s the final recorded height?

I don’t doubt his assessment but he says final gps data point is not valid. How would I find final height? That’s a good idea.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zohpar