DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Autosettings after Quickshot or Active Tracking?

raphi_d

Reactions
Hi all,

I was flying today on a mountain top with a spectacular view. After I used up the first battery I went up in the air again, flew some rounds and then decided to make an astroid shot. A few moments later I tracked my family climbing down the top with Active Tracking, later continued flying free around, thinking that I'm recording some awesome footage.

But when I reviewed the footage I noticed that during the 2nd battery the camera was adjusting brightness constantly although I always fly with manual settings. I remember that after switching to quickshot or active tracking (can't remember which one though) I've got the warning that manual settings are needed, which I thought strange at first but didn't pay much attention to because as I said, I always fly manual. It appears that afterwards the camera got switched to automatic mode. Is this expected behaviour or did I run into a bug, does anyone know which mode (asteroid or active tracking) might have caused this?

Sucks a bit that half the footage is unusable, will definitely pay more attention to the settings when switching flight modes.

Hi all,

I was flying today on a mountain top with a spectacular view. After I used up the first battery I went up in the air again, flew some rounds and then decided to make an astroid shot. A few moments later I tracked my family climbing down the top with Active Tracking, later continued flying free around, thinking that I'm recording some awesome footage.

But when I reviewed the footage I noticed that during the 2nd battery the camera was adjusting brightness constantly although I always fly with manual settings. I remember that after switching to quickshot or active tracking (can't remember which one though) I've got the warning that manual settings are needed, which I thought strange at first but didn't pay much attention to because as I said, I always fly manual. It appears that afterwards the camera got switched to automatic mode. Is this expected behaviour or did I run into a bug, does anyone know which mode (asteroid or active tracking) might have caused this?

Sucks a bit that half the footage is unusable, will definitely pay more attention to the settings when switching flight modes.

Search?..........

Thanks for quoting a lot of posts but they are all missing the point - my problem was NOT with the settings during the quickshot, I know about those limitations - but AFTER the quickshot was taken. I expected the camera to come back to 25fps@4k and manual settings. It reverted back to 25fps@4k it seems but the camera was in automatic mode afterwards when I continued flying in cinematic mode. That's what bothers me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum