DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

B&H MAVIC 3 Sale today $150 discount on Fly More Combo

NattyDread

Reactions
B&H has a sale on a Mavic 3 Combo for the second time in a month. Historically DJI drone products rarely go on sale early in their production cycle, maybe this is evidence the public is being slow to buy the MAVIC 3. I was waiting for a combo with the Pro Controller, which I hear is available in China, But with the rumor that a MAVIC 3S is on the way before the end of the year, I'm sitting on my cash. The problem, with GPS locking, and that it may be hardware-related is making also contributes to my hesitancy.

I think there are more than slow sales in play here... its an expensive drone to begin with. And right now there is a lot of economic instability for various reasons, people probably just aren't ready to invest a lot for a Mavic 3 right now.. Course one could argue perhaps that it was over-priced to begin with...

DJI is offering the same deals. $150 off of the basic. Not sure about flymore. I think it may be an indication that internally they are feeling slower than expected sales, and possibly slowing, now that the M3 is a known entity complete with bells, whistles and flaws.

I really would have loves to step up to an M3, but the ginormous price hike with a downgrade in controller, in my mind said it was a no-go. One of the big turn-offs for me is that their flagship drone in basic and FM kits is that the M3 has the same controller as the 2nd from the bottom, Mini 2. Not a big deal, you say? The Mavic 2 controller has C1/C2 keys, a toggle key (forgot the name) two scroll wheels and different switches for video and stills. Those are extremely helpful in some circumstances when you need to switch settings without touching your screen. If you like to use VR/FPV goggles (non DJI) those extra buttons are more than just convenient. Oh... You can get the buttons back.... if you shell out $1200 for the smart controller, which (to my knowledge) today doesn't work with any of your previous drones.

I've been watching the Autel roll-outs and while the new ones might not be as robust flyers as the DJI Mini 2, M2 or M3, if you look at the picture quality and can live with the flight characteristics I have to wonder how close they come to the M3's photo/video qualilty? I saw a demo of the Nano plus the other day and continue to be blown away by the picture quality, especially now that they've rolled out HDR and LOG. But the question for the Nano is how well can it withstand the wind? Tests I've seen show the Mini 2 to be more stable and wind resistant. But the other thing that keeps me looking at Autel? No geofencing. I'm not ready to buy anything but I think if Autel can get the rest of its act together (customer service and firmware) one of them would be a serious consideration. Can't wait to see the Evo III when it's released.

DJI is offering the same deals. $150 off of the basic. Not sure about flymore. I think it may be an indication that internally they are feeling slower than expected sales, and possibly slowing, now that the M3 is a known entity complete with bells, whistles and flaws.

I really would have loves to step up to an M3, but the ginormous price hike with a downgrade in controller, in my mind said it was a no-go. One of the big turn-offs for me is that their flagship drone in basic and FM kits is that the M3 has the same controller as the 2nd from the bottom, Mini 2. Not a big deal, you say? The Mavic 2 controller has C1/C2 keys, a toggle key (forgot the name) two scroll wheels and different switches for video and stills. Those are extremely helpful in some circumstances when you need to switch settings without touching your screen. If you like to use VR/FPV goggles (non DJI) those extra buttons are more than just convenient. Oh... You can get the buttons back.... if you shell out $1200 for the smart controller, which (to my knowledge) today doesn't work with any of your previous drones.

I've been watching the Autel roll-outs and while the new ones might not be as robust flyers as the DJI Mini 2, M2 or M3, if you look at the picture quality and can live with the flight characteristics I have to wonder how close they come to the M3's photo/video qualilty? I saw a demo of the Nano plus the other day and continue to be blown away by the picture quality, especially now that they've rolled out HDR and LOG. But the question for the Nano is how well can it withstand the wind? Tests I've seen show the Mini 2 to be more stable and wind resistant. But the other thing that keeps me looking at Autel? No geofencing. I'm not ready to buy anything but I think if Autel can get the rest of its act together (customer service and firmware) one of them would be a serious consideration. Can't wait to see the Evo III when it's released.

Autel

There a hot mess, so many chances to seize the year and yet there never in position to take advantage of it. Every new CEO gets behind the desk and see the numbers and realizes that DJI is so far ahead in the Market Place , that if they put out the Mercedes of Drones only so many would sell.

Add that to very sparce support and that they dont realize that the only reason people buy these is because of there Frustrations with the geofencing :

You would think they would really Focus on that as there Flagship Advertising Ploy but they dont.

They went with the approach of Best Cinematic Quality and those that bought into it. Got very little support.

Its going to take another CEO that has a better vision and maybe even flys a drone , because this one most likely does not.

This is why New CEO can make a stock go up and or Down because they have to see the vision and whats possible and Autel got another DUD.

He does write pretty letters though lol

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI and Autel in the Rain.

I think there are more than slow sales in play here... its an expensive drone to begin with. And right now there is a lot of economic instability for various reasons, people probably just aren't ready to invest a lot for a Mavic 3 right now.. Course one could argue perhaps that it was over-priced to begin with...
It's very expensive considering even remote got dumbed down... While growing in transport size.
Just for the scale some drones costing like one tenth of Fly more combo have remote with basic telemetry display!

In Europe there's lack of C-class drone mark.
And if there's Mavic 3S coming that rises the question will DJI even try to apply for retroactive C-class marking for Mavic 3.

Then add GNSS issues soeme are having from possibly differences in hardware in combination with firmware.

Dji is surely seeing the slow sales of the M3 and that maybe why they are dropping their price. I have not yet seen a newly released Dji drone drop price so fast. The Mavic 2 held its price for quite.a long time before it even went to a $100 off special

B&H has a sale on a Mavic 3 Combo for the second time in a month. Historically DJI drone products rarely go on sale early in their production cycle, maybe this is evidence the public is being slow to buy the MAVIC 3. I was waiting for a combo with the Pro Controller, which I hear is available in China, But with the rumor that a MAVIC 3S is on the way before the end of the year, I'm sitting on my cash. The problem, with GPS locking, and that it may be hardware-related is making also contributes to my hesitancy.
Hmmm so lets see....the 7% discount will almost cover the sales tax but you still get an sUAV that can take 80% longer to get a full GPS fix. At 30% off with new firmware in Q2 at some point I might be tempted. Not now, no way.

$150 is not enough for me to spring for a product that still has bugs and is not feature-complete.

In fact, no discount is enough before those areas clear up. The current discount is designed for those sitting on the fence who are just looking for an excuse to proceed before they spend their money on something else.

Chris

Reactions: Suren
$150 is not enough for me to spring for a product that still has bugs and is not feature-complete.

In fact, no discount is enough before those areas clear up. The current discount is designed for those sitting on the fence who are just looking for an excuse to proceed before they spend their money on something else.

Chris
I'm with you. DJI was very aggressive with the pricing of the MAVIC 3. To have the product out for several months and still have major bugs is a disgrace. The rumor that the GPS problems are associated with a sub-standard GPS chip, that was installed on some MAVIC 3, if confirmed is a disaster! DJI's unresponsive customer support for this luxury item has long been of concern. In fact, DJI is arrogant. Let's see if their attitude gets adjusted.

Definitely not selling well.
270€ basic bundle and 300€ Fly more combo discounts in one shop...

No wonder considering schizophrenia Mavic 3 is suffering in awesome things and then barely/dysfunctional/MIA functionality elsewhere.
Combined with continuous train wreck of bad decisions.

DJI really needs to fix their adminishere/OSI layer 8 before competitors get serious.

Autel

There a hot mess, so many chances to seize the year and yet there never in position to take advantage of it. Every new CEO gets behind the desk and see the numbers and realizes that DJI is so far ahead in the Market Place , that if they put out the Mercedes of Drones only so many would sell.

Add that to very sparce support and that they dont realize that the only reason people buy these is because of there Frustrations with the geofencing :

You would think they would really Focus on that as there Flagship Advertising Ploy but they dont.

They went with the approach of Best Cinematic Quality and those that bought into it. Got very little support.

Its going to take another CEO that has a better vision and maybe even flys a drone , because this one most likely does not.

This is why New CEO can make a stock go up and or Down because they have to see the vision and whats possible and Autel got another DUD.

Phantomrain.org
this video put me off Autel for awhile alone...

Make it a 1500 discount and I'll think about it.

No, really. Not even there.

• Haha
Reactions: MPone and Suren
$190 price cut on the M3 and M3 Fly More Kit at most retailers in Canada:

Likely not the last price cut on this POS drone that is not selling well. I don't think it could be discounted enough for me to buy one given the ongoing issues.

Reactions: NattyDread
Autel

Phantomrain.org
To the best of my knowledge, Autel Robotics is privately owned, so they can do whatever they want, and the company is now the pet project of the son of the owner of Autel Automotive, who only used Randall as a place holder for his son, who is now in charge. The son has no vision and very limited resources. Lots of unhappy Autel owners, including me!

I'm waiting to see if they have as many issues with the M30 as compared to the M3. If not, that signals to me that they are moving more in the direction of higher profit Enterprise systems and don't think we have much choice at the consumer level. I don't think the FPV is selling that well either since it looks to me to be even more highly discounted than the rest. The issues with the M3 (should) make them think twice about releasing an M3S (which many people would be hesitant to buy after the M3 debacle) but corporate greed knows no bounds and it will probably come out in just as incomplete state as the M3 before it.

Sale all done… late side comment, DJI often has these sort of sales each year… not a new pattern, It re-triggers sales on new product after the initial rush. Offer a small discount often captures some Buyers sitting on the decision fence edge.

Sale all done… late side comment, DJI often has these sort of sales each year… not a new pattern, It re-triggers sales on new product after the initial rush. Offer a small discount often captures some Buyers sitting on the decision fence edge.
www.DroneNerds.com says it was extended 2 more weeks to April 30th on their inventory! More time for fence sitters. LOL!

Reactions: Dougcjohn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78