DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Back with new wings :)

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Sorry for your loss! Enjoy your new one!

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for your loss. Enjoy the anticipation of a new bird. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome back and congrats on getting a Mavic 3, which is much more powerful than Mavic Pro. If you happen to look for a handy case to carry and protect it, check out our M320 hard case. Enjoy!

I did the same thing a while back, but when my wounded bird (a Mini 2) fell to earth, it was a dirt road and before I could get to it, a truck came down the road and flattened the Mini. I do not blame the driver, the Mini 2 was practically the same color as the dirt... and it was a while before I even saw it... Luckily I had Care Refresh...

Today, I was out flying a friend's Mini 3, it's a great little machine, but I still like my Mini 2 and I'm expectinting to hear the soundtrack of his video to include a frog croaking. He thinks his little bird is beautiful, I think it looks like a flying frog...

Not realy new here... but what doesn't kill you, make you stronger! I crash my Mavic pro flying sideway wile recording and hit a tree :( ...parts for sale !!)
I'm now waiting for my Mavic 3 and counting sleep :)
I moved up from the 2 to the Air 3 and it is really impressive. I hope you will really enjoy it. Quite heavier but also much more power and speed.
First flight tip on the 3: The controls even in Normal mode are pretty aggressive by default, especially the Yaw. My Yaw in Normal mode was set at 80 out of the box. I think Roll was 70. Is good to really ease slow into controls on your first flight. The Yaw really spins quickly and Roll jumps the same, which can sling you into a tree or obstruction sideways and total out a craft.
Probably by 1/2 way or the end of your first flight you will be going into settings and dialing back sensitivity and speed on Yaw and Roll. Or maybe a good idea to just half them before you even take off. You can always increase them later once you have the feel for its weight, speed, and inertia.
Best wishes when you get your new Air 3 and please let us know how the Yaw and Roll felt.

Reactions: LoudThunder
I moved up from the 2 to the Air 3 and it is really impressive. I hope you will really enjoy it. Quite heavier but also much more power and speed.
First flight tip on the 3: The controls even in Normal mode are pretty aggressive by default, especially the Yaw. My Yaw in Normal mode was set at 80 out of the box. I think Roll was 70. Is good to really ease slow into controls on your first flight. The Yaw really spins quickly and Roll jumps the same, which can sling you into a tree or obstruction sideways and total out a craft.
Probably by 1/2 way or the end of your first flight you will be going into settings and dialing back sensitivity and speed on Yaw and Roll. Or maybe a good idea to just half them before you even take off. You can always increase them later once you have the feel for its weight, speed, and inertia.
Best wishes when you get your new Air 3 and please let us know how the Yaw and Roll felt.
Air 3?

Not realy new here... but what doesn't kill you, make you stronger! I crash my Mavic pro flying sideway wile recording and hit a tree :( ...parts for sale !!)
I'm now waiting for my Mavic 3 and counting sleep :)
Sorry yes. Da Jiang Industries Mavic Air 3. Mavic Air 3. Or Air 3 or often just MA3. We have no standardized abbreviations for the Mavic series so I just call it the Air 3 or the MA3 or sometimes just the 3.

Reactions: dirkclod
I did the same thing a while back, but when my wounded bird (a Mini 2) fell to earth, it was a dirt road and before I could get to it, a truck came down the road and flattened the Mini. I do not blame the driver, the Mini 2 was practically the same color as the dirt... and it was a while before I even saw it... Luckily I had Care Refresh...

Today, I was out flying a friend's Mini 3, it's a great little machine, but I still like my Mini 2 and I'm expectinting to hear the soundtrack of his video to include a frog croaking. He thinks his little bird is beautiful, I think it looks like a flying frog...
14CE7C66-4AE2-43AA-8F4B-9AB1A395BFE0.jpeg
Loud Thunder…say what?

Loud Thunder…say what?
When I first got my Mini 2, I kept forgetting to take off the Gimbal cover… When I first entered the Air Force, I was a Jet Engine Mechanic and whenever an aircraft was on the ground, we had tons of streamers hanging off it saying, "Remove Before Flight" so I made a streamer for the Gimbal Cover and my wife said, "So you've names your drone, she has a tag hanging off her hat…"

Yeah, you guessed it…

mini.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661