DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad back? Hand catch the MM

Capt KO

Reactions
I will be 68 in a few days and I’ve suffered many years with back and hip problems. To avoid bending over, I’ve always hand caught my phantoms so I decided to do the same with my new Mini. Watched YouTube first. I didn’t get the part where they said to have the camera facing you during hand landing. With the forward sensors on the P4’s I always came in backward. I did the auto landing as described with my hand underneath and watched it drop rapidly into my hand. Bleeding, but not too badly, I landed it on the ground. Only damage was to my hand and my pride. Switched it to camera forward facing me, hand underneath, press Auto land, into my hand like a leaf, it works perfect. I will be hand launching and landing from now on, especially when alone. Sorry if It’s been covered here before but hopefully you can learn from my mistake. Enjoy

I'm hand catching the mini all the time by just holding my palm out flat and bringing the left stick down to make it land on my hand. No idea which way the camera is pointing; it just wants a flat surface.......
Other option is a nice wooden picnic bench....

Ian

Reactions: Capt KO
I'm hand catching the mini all the time by just holding my palm out flat and bringing the left stick down to make it land on my hand. No idea which way the camera is pointing; it just wants a flat surface.......
Other option is a nice wooden picnic bench....

Ian
That sounds a lot easier than what I’m doing. Thanks for the reply. I should’ve watched your video. LOL

Thanks for being the guinea pig on what damage MM props can do to fingers.
Nowhere near the damage a bigger drone would have done. Thank goodness. And I really enjoy this tiny, but not a toy, new drone. So quiet you can hold a conversation right beside it and not raise your voice. Wow

Remember, I am comparing it to a phantom. Big difference. And yes I’m hard of hearing. Too many years standing beside a diesel all day.

Here's one way to launch/catch the Mavic Mini:

Reactions: Capt KO
Here's one way to launch/catch the Mavic Mini:

That’s the one I watched. And he did have the camera facing away. Didn’t work for me until I turned it around. Facing me kept the blades far away from my hand and made the autoland work perfect. I did it my waaaay.

Manually landing in your hand seems so much easier, than auto as shown. Still learning. Allot

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98