DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad For Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I hate to say this but I think anyone who buys a drone capable of more than just buzzing around the backyard should be required to be licensed. I have held a 107 for 3 years now and it does help one understand the rules.

Reactions: Thanev
I think my recent experience typifies the attitude of many of our anti-drone population. I am out here in Montana on vacation. Each day I try to fly. Several days ago I drove to the Crazy Mountains, a spectacular grouping of mountains and wild forests. The public road to the mountains from the Interstate passes through millions of acres of private farmlands. There is not a single person in sight anywhere. The scenery is vast and wide open. I pulled over to fly near the driveway of a private ranch. I was not in the property but on the side of the road. Within moments, a lady drove up in a golf cart, with a huge attitude. She asked me what I was doing. I had not yet unpacked the drone. I told her I was photographing the mountains. This was from the road and not on her property. I asked her if I could move my tripod inside her gate about 30 feet to get a better composition. She allowed that. She asked me how long I was going to be there I estimated about 30 minute (for a timelapse). She walked off. I set jump my tripod and did a 30 minute timelapse. While waiting for that I flew my MP2 towards the mountains.

Thirty minutes later she reappeared, and saw I was also flying a drone. She became irate. "You didn't tell me you had a drone!" And, she added, "your 30 minutes are up!."
I thanked her and packed up my stuff. Here is the place I flew, Do you all think I was doing anything wrong flying from the road over this land towards the mountains? Some people really just have a pole up their rear ends!
When I fly I NEVER fly over property I don't have permission to enter by foot.When /if the Mavic goes down I really want to retrieve it.Joe Private doesn't control the sky,but they DO control access to their property.If they won't allow me thus access, I don't fly.
Fly safe and responsibly.

Just more evidence of why our (USA) government legislates to the lowest common denominator. They will continue to go lower and lower in order to catch that anchorman/woman at the bottom. Too bad for the others well up the scale in behavior and attitude.

Y’all remind me of the short time I owned a Volvo. I joined a forum to learn more about it. Boy did that suck. Lol

Y’all are crotchety whiners. The event already happened. Get over it. You wanna inform us new guys of the rules, make them a mandated read before joining.

You act like you are the gods of drones. Lol. People are gonna do what they want. I don’t understand why some of you act like it is some personal attack on you, I promise the person flying that drone didn’t give you a single thought.

Make the rules a mandated read to join. Otherwise BooHoo.

Reactions: Lionfish
Y’all remind me of the short time I owned a Volvo. I joined a forum to learn more about it. Boy did that suck. Lol

Y’all are crotchety whiners. The event already happened. Get over it. You wanna inform us new guys of the rules, make them a mandated read before joining.

You act like you are the gods of drones. Lol. People are gonna do what they want. I don’t understand why some of you act like it is some personal attack on you, I promise the person flying that drone didn’t give you a single thought.

Enter the lowest common denominator. I'm willing to bet he's the LCD in lots of other areas that have nothing to do with drones.

Laws are in place for the most part because of idiots.We ALL answer to the law because of a few.
And I bet there will be a reply treating this as a personal attack,which it wasn't.
Boo-hoo.

It intrigues me why public services and the like overreact so much over a small drone. Why would they pull all the players of a pitch. They are all wearing helmets, I assume under the current crisis there are no spectators. Is a drone more dangerous than a 100mph+ baseball... like here in the UK where they invented an imaginary drone and shut down an airport...or some stupid poser flying his Beechcraft at 75 feet over flying my house and making a general nuisance if himself. Oh but if you want to report him the CAA want to to register all your details and fill in reams of forms online, which will probably finish up in the bin. BUT if you see a drone doing something wrong they say Call 999 for the police. It all seems somewhat disproportionate... It will be interesting to see what happens if Amazon even get drone delivery underway. If they run under the same regulations as us they will have to fly 500 miles to deliver package 10 miles away....unless of course they are delivering new baseballs :)

It intrigues me why public services and the like overreact so much over a small drone. Why would they pull all the players of a pitch. They are all wearing helmets, I assume under the current crisis there are no spectators. Is a drone more dangerous than a 100mph+ baseball... like here in the UK where they invented an imaginary drone and shut down an airport...or some stupid poser flying his Beechcraft at 75 feet over flying my house and making a general nuisance if himself. Oh but if you want to report him the CAA want to to register all your details and fill in reams of forms online, which will probably finish up in the bin. BUT if you see a drone doing something wrong they say Call 999 for the police. It all seems somewhat disproportionate... It will be interesting to see what happens if Amazon even get drone delivery underway. If they run under the same regulations as us they will have to fly 500 miles to deliver package 10 miles away....unless of course they are delivering new baseballs :)
It's a baseball field, not a pitch. If you want to get reala fancy you can call it a baseball diamond. No, they are not all wearing helmets while playing. The drone rules were put in place when there were 40-60,000 fans parking cars, walking around, and sitting in the stands. I guess they didn't change them for Covid Baseball 2020. There was no Beechcraft flying over your house at 75 feet. I will buy 275 feet....maybe. Exaggeration doesn't help as diminishes the rest of your argument. Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens when Amazon takes to the air.

Enter the lowest common denominator. I'm willing to bet he's the LCD in lots of other areas that have nothing to do with drones.

You are right. Lol

I run a Suburban with 2’ of straight pipe and am personally responsible for killing the ozone and Climate change as a whole.

Laws are in place for the most part because of idiots.We ALL answer to the law because of a few.
And I bet there will be a reply treating this as a personal attack,which it wasn't.
Boo-hoo.

I don’t take anything online personal. We could all be a bunch of naked fat( Language Removed)in our moms basement. When you consider that who cares. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! My Mom has a nice basement built just for me...and I don't need clothes. ..and someday I may go outside...but I am scared of a drone attack .And pigeons......gotta go as the dinner slot opened in my door.Be safe!

Reactions: Arkansas_Mavic
You are right. Lol

I run a Suburban with 2’ of straight pipe and am personally responsible for killing the ozone and Climate change as a whole.

There was really no need to tell me that as I had already factored it into the Arkansas equation. Good luck. I'm sure you will go very far and do wonderful things.

Hey! My Mom has a nice basement built just for me...and I don't need clothes. ..and someday I may go outside...but I am scared of a drone attack .And pigeons......gotta go as the dinner slot opened in my door.Be safe!

No prob Thanev! Go eat! Remember, visiting hours are Thursdays and Sundays 1p-4p so we will see ya tomorrow!!!

There was really no need to tell me that as I had already factored it into the Arkansas equation. Good luck. I'm sure you will go very far and do wonderful things.

I didn’t know we were doing stereotypes. ( Langage Removed )I hate to let you down. Lol, I didn’t marry my sister or cousin.
IMG_0063.JPG

I can’t let you go without showing you my Hillbilly mobile. Lol
IMG_1590.JPG
IMG_1588.JPG

Refering to the opening post, it looks like they caught the flight controller serial number sticker, if that's legible in the original then is that not a path straight to the person who activated the drone?

It's a baseball field, not a pitch. If you want to get reala fancy you can call it a baseball diamond. No, they are not all wearing helmets while playing. The drone rules were put in place when there were 40-60,000 fans parking cars, walking around, and sitting in the stands. I guess they didn't change them for Covid Baseball 2020. There was no Beechcraft flying over your house at 75 feet. I will buy 275 feet....maybe. Exaggeration doesn't help as diminishes the rest of your argument. Yes, it will be interesting to see what happens when Amazon takes to the air.
Oops sorry I stand to be corrected about the 'pitch' UK slip of the tongue, of course Field. My dear fellow I have been flying models and full size aircraft for over 50 years, as well as being flight crew in the Royal Air Force. When I say 75 feet I mean 75 feet not 275 feet. I live not far from a private airfield of which some folk deem fit to fly below the hills which are only 130 feet high. I was dong some drone photography of sheep shearing a couple of weeks ago and my average height was between 30 and 100 feet and i had light aircraft flying up the valley below me hence I had to keep landing until they had passed by... also I am in the flight line of military chinooks that regularly fly below 100 feet again up the valley and to top it off I also have ASR flying through about 200 feet looking for illegal immigrants running up the beach. In fact 235 on Friday. So in response to your comment "exaggeration" you stand to be corrected....

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 11
Another problem is even a caveman can fly many of these autonomous type drones and many newbies are oblivious to rules. That takes a bit of education which some here are willing to advise about.

Then you have the entitlement crowd. If someone has a sense of entitlement, that means that person believes they deserve certain privileges regardless of the law and they're arrogant about it. Those who feel entitled to fly however or where ever they want while having no intention to follow rules are considered a problem and many are. Very similar to how some off road 4x4 drivers treat the backcountry. There is always some idiot tearing up a meadow to sling mud or forge new trails and the forest service comes in and closes it off to the responsible drivers.
I try to stay within the local laws and follow safe guidelines to the best of my ability. I've got several fixed wing RC aircraft and I'd be upset if I lose my privileges to fly those because of a bunch of entitlement minded drone operators.

Not a stereotype we think about where I am from but whatever floats your boat. Or flies your drone. For the record, it is entirely possible that she IS your sister, the one your mom doesn't know about but that's another thread on another website. The rest of the Arkansas stereotype seems to prove out pretty, pretty PRETTY, close though.

Enough trolling, wear a mask, learn the drone laws on your own without a teacher forcing you and because it is the grownup thing to do. Later! I have some boiled peanuts finishing up, gotta go. .

Another problem is even a caveman can fly many of these autonomous type drones and many newbies are oblivious to rules. That takes a bit of education which some here are willing to advise about.

Then you have the entitlement crowd. If someone has a sense of entitlement, that means that person believes they deserve certain privileges regardless of the law and they're arrogant about it. Those who feel entitled to fly however or where ever they want while having no intention to follow rules are considered a problem and many are. Very similar to how some off road 4x4 drivers treat the backcountry. There is always some idiot tearing up a meadow to sling mud or forge new trails and the forest service comes in and closes it off to the responsible drivers.
I try to stay within the local laws and follow safe guidelines to the best of my ability. I've got several fixed wing RC aircraft and I'd be upset if I lose my privileges to fly those because of a bunch of entitlement minded drone operators.

Those idiots will always exist. You can’t do anything about them. I used to fuss and whine over the guys leaving the trail, but I just started worrying about me one day and darn if things didn’t get easier.

I could tow strap most the rule breakers off the trail, but that isn’t my job. You do you and let the idiots do them.

I teach my kids to respect everyone(until they don’t deserve it) and worry about themselves. I am not raising some snitches.

The country would be better off if people stopped being offended over everything and for everyone. Worry about your( Mod Removed Langauge )selves. Lol

Part of the problem is the media and lots of “ Karen’s “ will do anything to get drone operators in trouble . Going as far as to make £>+{| up. Plenty of other flying vehicles , I guess you could call them, break just as many rules if not more than drone ops. Not sure if it will ever get better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13