DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad pixel on Sensor?

Have you found any bad/hot pixels on your M2P or M2Z?

• Yes - Mavic 2 Pro

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • No - Mavic 2 Pro

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Yes - Mavic 2 Zoom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Mavic 2 Zoon

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Ed209

Reactions
Just went through 3 batteries and looked at the videos. Seems like I have 2 bad pixels on the camera sensor which are constantly lit. I don't see any artifacts on still images, just video.

Edit: You can see the 2 pixels in this video at 2:10

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-08-27-22h47m34s726.jpg
    vlcsnap-2018-08-27-22h47m34s726.jpg
    714.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
I have the exact same problem with my brand new Mavic 2 pro White Spot on the lower right part of the image. :(

They agreed to “repair” mine. They received it Monday. Lets see how long it takes. Don’t accept the flaw. We paid serious coin for these and they tout the camera (which is otherwise stellar) but having bad pixels on the sensor is unacceptable. I noticed it right away in my first night flight. I had to send them multiple video examples and also screen shots to show it was visible even in DJI Go in the live video feed.

Most cameras will sooner or later have a few bad pixels and are able to map them and use data from adjacent points.
Not really acceptable from new though.

Hope they fix it. I am curious if it is still visible when you shoot daytime footage? If not, I may have to try my Pro 2 at night to see if I have any dead pixels.

Hope they fix it. I am curious if it is still visible when you shoot daytime footage? If not, I may have to try my Pro 2 at night to see if I have any dead pixels.

Just got the tracking number for their return shipment. They had it for 4 days. It wasn’t visible in daytime. Only dark/night footage. Luckily I caught it right away as my maiden flights were at night. Will see what they did. If they swapped camera or whole new M2P.

Just went through 3 batteries and looked at the videos. Seems like I have 2 bad pixels on the camera sensor which are constantly lit. I don't see any artifacts on still images, just video.

Edit: You can see the 2 pixels in this video at 2:10

Same problem on mine. Noticed day two. Put in a request, which they responded to by asking me to reset camera settings, then the aircraft randomly fell out of the sky, so it went back anyway.

I’m having the same issue.
The white dot only appears when the camera is on (3840x2160 HQ) setting. When I reset the camera settings the dot disappeared because the default setting is (3840x2160 Full FOV). When I changed the setting back to (3840x2160 HQ) the dot reappeared.

White Dot Screenshot.jpg

Here is what DJI sent me.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
First of all, we would really like to thank you for your patronage in our products and we are sorry to hear that you're having issues with your drone.

Check the gimbal/camera. Make sure that nothing is obstructing the camera like a protective sticker.

Please make sure that the firmware of your aircraft is up to date. You can go to the General Settings on the App, then go to About. Update the firmware if it is not yet up to date.

Try to reset the Camera Settings. Go to the Camera Settings > System Settings >Reset Camera Settings.

Send us the following information if you will continue to the issue.
- Aircraft serial number
- Sample video of the issue. Make sure that the video is taken directly from the SD card and it is unedited. You can save the video to an online storage like Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link.\

Thank you for your support and cooperation.

Best regards,
Alvin
DJI Customer Support

I’m having the same issue.
The white dot only appears when the camera is on (3840x2160 HQ) setting. When I reset the camera settings the dot disappeared because the default setting is (3840x2160 Full FOV). When I changed the setting back to (3840x2160 HQ) the dot reappeared.

View attachment 47362

Here is what DJI sent me.

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
First of all, we would really like to thank you for your patronage in our products and we are sorry to hear that you're having issues with your drone.

Check the gimbal/camera. Make sure that nothing is obstructing the camera like a protective sticker.

Please make sure that the firmware of your aircraft is up to date. You can go to the General Settings on the App, then go to About. Update the firmware if it is not yet up to date.

Try to reset the Camera Settings. Go to the Camera Settings > System Settings >Reset Camera Settings.

Send us the following information if you will continue to the issue.
- Aircraft serial number
- Sample video of the issue. Make sure that the video is taken directly from the SD card and it is unedited. You can save the video to an online storage like Google Drive or Dropbox and send us the link.\

Thank you for your support and cooperation.

Best regards,
Alvin
DJI Customer Support

Yup. Same flowchart for me too. A couple back and forths after that and a few days later they did the rma.

I'm pretty confident that you'll always find some pixels like this. I've even found some on 5D4's, 6D type cameras.

Reactions: dtp
I'm pretty confident that you'll always find some pixels like this. I've even found some on 5D4's, 6D type cameras.

Yeah it’s common but no way to mask them out on the DJI drones. Mine actually had 3 spots. The one in the bottom left was very noticeable. Maybe even more than 1 pixel. More like a cluster of 3 or 4.

I'm so frustrated with DJI. I sent them the screenshot above and they are pretending to not see it. Below is DJI's response.

Thank you for keeping in touch.

We appreciate you sending us the screenshot and the video. However, we are not able to see the dot on the video that you sent us.

Have you tried playing the video on a different computer or a different device? Try playing the video on a different computer and check if you will still see the white dot.

Send us another video with the dot visible on it.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Alvin
DJI Customer Support

Received a brand new replacement from DJI today via UPS. Will go through it later tonight

Wow, I'm jealous. I can’t even get them to reply to me. How long did it take total? I’m looking forward to your post.

Wow, I'm jealous. I can’t even get them to reply to me. How long did it take total? I’m looking forward to your post.

I called support on Aug 29. Also that was when I sent my first email as well with example videos (per their request).

You guys aren't going to believe this...

BAD PIXES ON THE REPLACEMENT TOO!

WTF man. This is unacceptable. Brand new Mavic 2 Pro replacement (not a refurb) and has another hot pixel. How the F(&*# do they expect us to accept this?

Oh my gosh!!! That is total BS! I would ask for a refund and buy another drone. I just sent mine back for a replacement... Hopefully that doesn't happen to me. I'll let you know how it goes.

Oh my gosh!!! That is total BS! I would ask for a refund and buy another drone. I just sent mine back for a replacement... Hopefully that doesn't happen to me. I'll let you know how it goes.
Totally ridiculous man. I don't really need this thing anyway. I hope they either give me a refund or give me some serious DJI credit. Granted, I don't shoot professionally, or at night most of the times. But for the money and the sheer principal that there is a problem, I can't accept it.

At least this one is better than the first one. Good luck with yours.

PS - I created a poll. I think this issue is more widespread than people realize.

Reactions: Ifti
I wonder if it's fixable through a firmware update, or it's just bad hardware... If the sensor is bad, I wonder if they can can write some code in the fw to detect it, and then remap the pixel. They need to do something. This is not acceptable at all!

I wonder if it's fixable through a firmware update, or it's just bad hardware... If the sensor is bad, I wonder if they can can write some code in the fw to detect it, and then remap the pixel. They need to do something. This is not acceptable at all!

I am thinking the same exact thing. Not sure if the hardware is able to detect and mask a bad pixel though. I guess we'll see.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada