DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad pixel on Sensor?

Have you found any bad/hot pixels on your M2P or M2Z?

• Yes - Mavic 2 Pro

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • No - Mavic 2 Pro

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Yes - Mavic 2 Zoom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Mavic 2 Zoon

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
First of all, a dead pixel and a hot pixel are two different things. Don't use them as if they're the same.

Second of all, do a google search and research the topic before you cause useless banter in a thread that had no sense of a scientific basis in the first place. You created this thread so people are going to give you their opinion. Complaining isn't going to do anything, bring it up with DJI if you have an issue. It was simply stated by another member that you are simply wasting your time by returning your drone for one that doesn't initially have a HOT pixel because they can appear/disappear all the time. THAT IS A FACTUAL STATEMENT. Not all Mavic 2 Pro's have them, most people don't even notice them. ALL CAMERAS have the potential to develop them.

Dead vs Stuck vs Hot Pixels - Photography Life

I don't need any schooling on pixels. "No sense of a scientific basis in the first place" lol . Oh and I take your caps as gospel too. It definitely struck me with a more severe tone, so that is taken seriously.

I suggested comparing with a P4P with the 1" sensor as that's most comparable to the M2P.
From the article, hot pixels are more likely to occur with higher ISO. One would normally use higher ISO in dark shots, which doubles to make such pixels obvious. Remember, this is the first Mavic with a 1" sensor, but not the first DJI product with one. Also this is a Mavic forum though I'm sure many here have or had a P4 with 1" sensor. Perhaps such owners can check?

First of all, a dead pixel and a hot pixel are two different things. Don't use them as if they're the same.

Second of all, do a google search and research the topic before you cause useless banter in a thread that had no sense of a scientific basis in the first place. You created this thread so people are going to give you their opinion. Complaining isn't going to do anything, bring it up with DJI if you have an issue. It was simply stated by another member that you are simply wasting your time by returning your drone for one that doesn't initially have a HOT pixel because they can appear/disappear all the time. THAT IS A FACTUAL STATEMENT. Not all Mavic 2 Pro's have them, most people don't even notice them. ALL CAMERAS have the potential to develop them.

Dead vs Stuck vs Hot Pixels - Photography Life

Things happen, not everything will always be perfect we can all agree and I am always amazed how much technology is packed into these tiny flying machines ... but after reading some other people’s experience and having my replacement having the SAME problem I’m thinking that this is in fact “a thing”

I’m not entirely sure why you’re criticizing someone bringing up an issue that a few people are having. I’m the one that shared the video showing how to remove the appearance of bad pixels in post production for people that already may have filmed some footage and want to fix it.

I personally have returned 2 MP2’s at this point and I’m waiting on the 3rd. NOT because I went looking for a problem, NOT because in a studio environment under just the RIGHT conditions while squinting your eyes and rubbing your belly you can maybe see something, no... they were glowing orange squares in the middle of the screen. Like Atari 2600

I’ve posessed 2 M2P’s at this point (3rd on its way) and the cameras were messed up on both. not a good thing considering I haven’t seen this occur other DJI models. Waypoints and precision landing and Pixel binning drama aside... give me a dang camera that’s not messed up guys.

I suggested comparing with a P4P with the 1" sensor as that's most comparable to the M2P.
From the article, hot pixels are more likely to occur with higher ISO. One would normally use higher ISO in dark shots, which doubles to make such pixels obvious. Remember, this is the first Mavic with a 1" sensor, but not the first DJI product with one. Also this is a Mavic forum though I'm sure many here have or had a P4 with 1" sensor. Perhaps such owners can check?

I just went and searched through the phantompilots posts and found a couple of threads that dead ended without much traction. While that in itself proves nothing, in comparison it at least gives me the general idea that this wasn’t a large topic of discussion or a topic of discussion during launch with the P4P. It’s not conclusive by any means as people may just not reported the issue but I have a feeling that the P4P doesn’t really suffer from this problem too much. Mine doesn’t anyway, well have to see some tests I guess.

After several emails and chat on online support.. DJI has agreed to "assess the damage" and "repair" (not Exchange) my faulty Mavic 2 Pro. They tried to charge me first because I have the DJI care package. Now I have to wait for 5-8 working days, and then I will receive the definite answer. The burned pixel was since the first day I used my brand new drone.
Dissappointed of DJI for the quality of expensive products and their support.

After several emails and chat on online support.. DJI has agreed to "assess the damage" and "repair" (not Exchange) my faulty Mavic 2 Pro. They tried to charge me first because I have the DJI care package. Now I have to wait for 5-8 working days, and then I will receive the definite answer. The burned pixel was since the first day I used my brand new drone.
Dissappointed of DJI for the quality of expensive products and their support.

All they're going to do is map out that pixel. It is ridiculous that they do not allow the customer to do so themselves. I'm also guessing most of their support staff have no technical knowledge and just act as a liaison between the customer and the warranty based on every response and suggestion I have seen from them to date.

Every sensor eventually gets hot/stuck pixels under certain circumstances, it is important to have a way to easily map them out. If the pixel is actually dead though (the least common) then you can't do much.

Reactions: AMann
Most cameras will sooner or later have a few bad pixels and are able to map them and use data from adjacent points.
Not really acceptable from new though.

All new sensors have bad pixels, they are just going to remap it unless there are dead rows or more than just a couple and such.

All they're going to do is map out that pixel. It is ridiculous that they do not allow the customer to do so themselves. I'm also guessing most of their support staff have no technical knowledge and just act as a liaison between the customer and the warranty based on every response and suggestion I have seen from them to date.

Every sensor eventually gets hot/stuck pixels under certain circumstances, it is important to have a way to easily map them out. If the pixel is actually dead though (the least common) then you can't do much.

You are right - and sooner or later, someone will post a hack to DIY. I remapped my own Nikon DSLRs that way, too.

I have a bad pixel too. So far it is really small and only in photo mode. It won't be hard to camouflage it so I'll stick with that for now.

You are right - and sooner or later, someone will post a hack to DIY. I remapped my own Nikon DSLRs that way, too.

You can actually re-map your Nikon DSLR sensors by running the sensor clean twice in quick succession - this started around 2012 or so. Every camera I have ever owned has had stuck/hot pixels but there is usually an easy way to just map them out. Having to send it back to the manufacturer is ridiculous for BOTH parties, which makes me think the support staff doesn't have a clue.

Reactions: AMann
Slight thread necro, but didn't see any more-recent discussions.

Has anyone gotten any ticket resolution with DJI (without burning through one of the Care Refresh replacements)? Purchased mine in April; some of my earlier videos don't seem to have them, but all of my recent ones show the glaring contrast.

What's really strange to me is that it's only in one mode or the other. For me (and @Ed209), it's only in video; someone above said it was only in photo mode.

Slight thread necro, but didn't see any more-recent discussions.

Has anyone gotten any ticket resolution with DJI (without burning through one of the Care Refresh replacements)? Purchased mine in April; some of my earlier videos don't seem to have them, but all of my recent ones show the glaring contrast.

What's really strange to me is that it's only in one mode or the other. For me (and @Ed209), it's only in video; someone above said it was only in photo mode.

m-night-shyamalan-block-tales-from-the-crypt-tnt1.jpg

Ahhh well hello there! ?. The only way to do it without burning a care refresh is to return it ASAP. I did it within a week and I didn't have care refresh so they honored it as a general warranty. Even my replacement has it. I just accepted it. I know it's there, it's only visible in night flying. Crazy that after owning around a dozen DJI drones from P3 - Mavic 2 Pro only the Mavic 2 Pro has this issue for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98