DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bad RC reception! Please help!

APFly

Reactions
I can get about 300ft high and 2-300ft away before I lose RC connection. Video is full strength.

I have:
Used firmware 900 as well as downgraded back to 810
Calibrated the sticks
Adjusted antenna in every direction as well as how it's directed.
Used airplane mode on my phone.
Flown in two different locations.

It's clearly an RC connection issue, could my remote be defective or could the antennae in the Mavic have come loose in shipping?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Switch to 10mhz or 20mhz and see..

How do I do that? When I click on 20hz, it doesn't do anything?

Choose "custom" instead of "auto" its there in the HD settings then scroll down and choose 10Mhz. But be careful you must manually move the 10Mhz bar too now to where there is no interference and if that chanel gets corrupted the RC and Mavic won't channel hop to one with less interference as you are on manual mode. Recommend u do the custom bit then jump back to auto and see if the ch is holding at 10Mhz. If it does it means there was interference and the algorithm was not responding fast enough to it and was stuck at 20Mhz.

Thanks, I had to return the mavic because the video downlink was fine. It's the RC range that was inhibited. Dji wanted be to send in for repair, so I returned it for a phantom 4. Rock solid and amazing distance in the same area.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Seems like this RC signal strength issue just came out of nowhere on some of us. Did it coincide with the go 4 app? Not a firmware revision I don't think. Mine was out of the box like this, and it is very annoying. DJI says 'send it in' Umm no, not only having it a week, I'll take it back to the Apple store which is what I'm doing once they get one to hold for me.

I agree with you Marc, I'm using a phantom 4 for now but can return up to Jan. 14th. At that point, let's see where the Mavic is.

The phantom 4 is absolutely amazing. Too big coming from the Mavic.

The store has really come up to help - placed an order through their business dept, and watching inventory every day and will hold the first one that comes in, and gave me until 1/20 to return it if all else fails.

Thanks, I had to return the mavic because the video downlink was fine. It's the RC range that was inhibited. Dji wanted be to send in for repair, so I returned it for a phantom 4. Rock solid and amazing distance in the same area.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Dang, should have just had it fixed. My Mavic has WAY more range than my buddy's Phantom 4. He also sold his phantom 4 and bought a Mavic.

So whats causing this all of a sudden on a limited number of units? Not a firmware issue - I've seen app issues cause reception issues previously and on other brands but can't seem to nail it to an app since it happens on both go app 3.xx and go app 4.xx

I am fliyng my MP using Ipad mini 2. It works ok before most of times, but sometimes (not always) the video reception stumbles, and comes segmented beetween images (I mean jumps from one image to other). Impossible to drive for filming. I cant find where is the problem.
Anyone could help ?

My ipad air also hardly works, very intermittend video and losing connection, my guess is the device is just to old. Not fast enough to process the data.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet