DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Batteries losing charge when not in use

Juantana

Reactions
Maybe it's normal, but it seems after being fully charged and just sitting in the bag a day or two the intelligent batteries are losing a third of the charge. Is this normal? Is there some setting to turn the battery itself off?

I think in the manual it tells you that the batteries will self-discharge after a period of non use.

Battery Features
1. Battery Level Display: The LED indicators display the current battery level.
2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery
level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for
five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.

Fully charged mine last week and was unable to fly, 6 days later only dropped two bars or lights and was warm to the touch.

I think in the manual it tells you that the batteries will self-discharge after a period of non use.

Battery Features
1. Battery Level Display: The LED indicators display the current battery level.
2. Auto-Discharging Function: To prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% of the battery
level when it is idle for one day, and automatically discharges to 60% of the battery level when it is idle for
five days. It is normal to feel moderate heat being emitted from the battery during the discharging process.
Thanks so much - makes sense and seems they will discharge as bit more than regular batteries to maintain health.

Reactions: Van Shteffy
I tried reading through the posts myself and find it’s a lot of keyboard warriors belittling people especially newcomers...
I am a tech person myself and I might be a little short fused because someone bought an expensive device but does not take the time to read the manual. After I reading the manual I came here to find out about a problem but search the posts instead of posting....
And that is how I became a member.
I also watched every Youtube vid I could find on the subject.
You can also go to the DJI forum for more answers.

Maybe it's normal, but it seems after being fully charged and just sitting in the bag a day or two the intelligent batteries are losing a third of the charge. Is this normal? Is there some setting to turn the battery itself off?
You can set the number of days in settings On the controller to start a discharge Of the batteries. Sounds like you have a low settings which is between 1-10 days

Reactions: Kb8mcz
Now I had to clean up this thread due to some unwanted attitudes and comments made. Anymore and it could lead to warnings applied to the poster(s)!
Just because the OP is a new member doesn’t give you the right to beat them down because they did not use the search option. They will learn to do so over time.
Carry on! ?

You can set your batteries inside the app when connected, to discharge them self’s after a certain amount of time..just go to the battery symbol and set your time to discharge

If the OP does not indicate his AC type, supposition reigns supreme over battery auto-discharge questions as they differ somewhat from model to model.

I don't wish to belittle, demean, or disrespect newcomers to our phenomenal hobby sport, passion, etc. In any way. The topic of this post is only an illustrative example of how important it is to ask everyone, new or experienced drone flyers, to PLEASE read the manual anytime you purchase a new drone. The technology of today changes so rapidly from one iteration to the next that it is imperative to understand every element of performance and maintenance else we put the safety of the machine, the pilot, and everyone else near the drone at any point in its flight in danger.

If the OP does not indicate his AC type, supposition reigns supreme over battery auto-discharge questions as they differ somewhat from model to model.
Maybe the thread heading “Mavic Air 2 Discussions“ is the clue? ?

When someone posts in the 'Mavic Air 2 Discussions' forum, I think it is reasonable to assume the poster is posting about a Mavic Air 2.

But this is just MY opinion.

You can set your batteries inside the app when connected, to discharge them self’s after a certain amount of time..just go to the battery symbol and set your time to discharge
Sorry, but with absolutely no intent to be-little, you can’t do this with the MA2. What it does do is all detailed in the User Manual

Reactions: AMRE2ME2
Maybe the thread heading “Mavic Air 2 Discussions“ is the clue? ?
Perhaps, but my experience from reading thousands of posts suggests posters at times mis-catergorize....that is why a fuller description in the original post is useful. Also, adding your equipment to your signature is helpful, IMHO.

Hi Battery automatically discharges when not used for 10 days or so. A fuller explanation is in the mavic 2 pro manual page 34.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190