DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery at 27% but aircraft said not enough to take off?

Gkinghrn

Reactions
Used the mini for a while ..battery got to 27% but I’d finished so I shut it off and packed up. On way home I saw something I wanted to film and figured I had maybe 5 or 10 minutes left but the thing refused to take off.

I checked in the fly app for a setting to control this but didn’t find anything ..

is this normal?

Used the mini for a while ..battery got to 27% but I’d finished so I shut it off and packed up. On way home I saw something I wanted to film and figured I had maybe 5 or 10 minutes left but the thing refused to take off.

I checked in the fly app for a setting to control this but didn’t find anything ..

is this normal?
Yes, you should always launch with a fully charged battery as the percentage remaining is only an estimate. Launching with a partially charged battery can cause the battery to shut down mid flight and cause a crash.

Chris

is this normal?
This is because you were below the low battery threshold of 30%. Yes this is normal.
Did you not see the low battery warning?

I did see it ... despite me doing a ton of reading on the mini I simply didn’t realise this was a thing...

seemed high to stop a take off I thought though 15% I could understand better. However it is what it is for a reason I guess ..

thank you for confirming ..learning every day..

Reactions: BlackTR48

is this normal?
set the drone for 10% and you should be able to fly for a few minutes but you taking your chances . thats why i have battery on car charger

A "used" battery, if flown down the recommended threshold of 30%, will see if they let that battery sit for a few hours, it will "climb" in voltage. DO NOT LET THIS FOOL YOU.
It is a false reading.
A lot of folks have lost their UAV because of this. And for some silly reason, the majority of them are flying out over the water/ocean/beach etc.

you may be at 27% but its thinking i go up and i have to come down, down can be EZ or the hard way..........never leave the ground with less than 90%

Reactions: zeusfl
As mentioned that is a guess of the battery left by the software. The real condition is the amount of volts in the lowest cell. I'd highly recommend that you research what amount this is and use a setting to display it withing the Go app. Your risk of something going wrong goes through the roof when launching on a low battery.

Reactions: Thomas B
I change out the battery after every flight..Who knows...I might see something really interesting on the next flight.
Yes. I'm glad I went for the Flymore with the extra batteries. Batteries going dead on drones isn't like batteries dying on laptops or cell phones. Laptops and cell phones don't fall out the sky when the batteries die. :cool:

Reactions: pelagic_one
I won't push the limits of the battery ... I was simply caught out despite me doing a ton of reading on it ... So it's operating as designed.. I'm happy with that...

Most losers that I can see are battery or wind related ... I don't intend to fall foul of that...

Reactions: BigAl07

is this normal?
Check the levels you have set for low battery warning or critical. Could be it's set to 30 or such.
I wouldn't fly with a battery that low.

Check the levels you have set for low battery warning or critical. Could be it's set to 30 or such.
I wouldn't fly with a battery that low.
No option to do that on the mini ....I looked

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78