DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Battery bulge after 8 months on 3 M2P batteries

Fleek

Reactions
Really disappointed to find a battery bulge on all 3 M2P batteries after just 8 months use. I fly about 10 times per month, rarely drain battery more than 60%, keep them at good temperature. Two of the 3 batteries are difficult to lock into place due to the bulge. The 3rd one has a slight bulge.
I had this on the Mavic Pro batteries, but after 2 or more years.
It is just too early for this to be happening on these M2P batteries. Sad the product is so fragile.

Reactions: MRomine
How long is the warranty on a battery ? I know they are classed as a disposable item but they should have some warranty.
I know you don't want to here this but your batteries are now dangerous.

Can you liok at the battery information in DJI Go4 and see the number of cycles and the remaining capacity vs rated capacity.

Also, it is very important to let your batteries cool completely to room temp before recharging them. I have used many batteries in Inspire 1, 2, Mavic Pro and Mavic 2 and never had a bulged battery or any outright failure.

do you store them fully charged?
I thought the smart batteries are designed to discharge after several days or so?

I thought the smart batteries are designed to discharge after several days or so?
They start auto discharging after 10 days. It could take up to 3 more days beyond that point for them to discharge down to the ~60% storage level.

Ok, the 15th of April I charged 5 M2Z batteries, on the 16th I had to had emergency surgery, so if I dont get around to fly the 5 batteries down should I be concerned or just let the batteries manage themselfs?

Ok, the 15th of April I charged 5 M2Z batteries, on the 16th I had to had emergency surgery, so if I dont get around to fly the 5 batteries down should I be concerned or just let the batteries manage themselfs?
Just let them auto discharge down to the storage level. It won't be a problem unless you start making this a weekly habit.

The batteries shouldn't be kept fully charged, hence the auto discharge to protect it. But I am guessing if it's kept fully charged often, it might deteriorate the batteries overtime.

I have the same issue and started a thread:-

Someone else started a post on them too but i cant find it. DJI forum has 2 other individuals posting the same issues (Bloated batteries ) .

In my case all 3 of my original batteries are swollen to the extent the slightest knock dislodges one side from the lock on the drone so its near unusable.
18-22 charges in total for each battery. Rarely if ever in sport mode, no high discharge rates, original DJI charger, batteries never run below 30% or so etc.

I live in the tropics where ambient air temperature is around 30-35c and its humid FWIW.

2 of my 3 mavic 1 batteries swelled albeit far less severely and over a much longer time period with significantly more use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fleek

Yes but as I mentioned previously it is preset to discharge after 10 days, this too long to leave at 100%.
and if repeatedly relied on will shorten battery life

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan